Ibanez 2024 NAMM

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The GRGR330EX seems cool for the money...until I realized it has medium frets. What is the logic behind doing that? I bought last year a SP3 Kiko that has medium frets as well. It would have been a great guitar, but the low frets throw me off when switching from other guitars. I feel it's a poor design decision for a metal focused guitar. Is there any "good" reason to use medium frets? Or is it just a way to upsell somebody into the $600+ range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Agreed. $130 for the PEQ pedal is pretty compelling.
I can only find a handful of parametric EQ pedals for sale, and they're only 3-band AND significantly more expensive. So yeah Ibanez made a really fucking smart move by releasing the EQ section by itself.
And like I said if the noise gate isn't shit, then it's also a good deal for $100 considering it's a 4-cable gate.

EDIT: Oh yeah that 7-string multiscale BTB is obnoxiously cool too lmao

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/btb7ms_1p_01.html
View attachment 136164

I don't need this at all. But isn't it so cool? I passed on a cheap Ashula and BTB806MS last year. Maybe this'll tempt me in a moment of weakness.
My EHB1506ms has already shown me that a multiscale 6 string at 32.5-35" is already pushing the limits of my hand. I am way more comfortable on the EHB 5 string. Seven is right out.

20ddeee4664a6a4abe7d3fb33ec1eed4.jpg

Dayn

Reaction score

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm surprised the BTB 7 string on;y goes up to 35''. I surely thought that would have been a 37'' on the lowest.
I was assuming it would be 37" as well with a low F#. Instead it's low B to high F.

Good on Ibanez for covering all the bases (hey o) by having basses for drop tuning and another for going much higher.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm surprised the BTB 7 string on;y goes up to 35''. I surely thought that would have been a 37'' on the lowest.

It's factory tuned B to F. For comparison Conklin went with 34" for their single scale basses tuned like that.

If they went F# to C it would have made a bit more sense to go longer, but it's already a huge bass serving a smaller niche so they played it safe on scale and tuning.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Oh man I have an EHB1006MS myself. I love it, but the only thing putting me off the BTB is that the shape of the EHB is just too damn good.
I have a 1505ms Caribbean Seafloor, a 1505ms Pacific Blue Burst, and the Black Ice Flat 1506ms. I reallllly like the 1506, but reaching the low string physically hurts. I cannot play it for more than a few minutes.
The 7 only has a fan of 1.5", unless you're talking about nut width. I think the 7 is 9 or 10 mm wider than your EHB.
The 1506 is already my limit for width. It is fun to play, but hurts reaching those lows.