Ibanez 2024 NAMM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, I put an order for the PTEQ pedal. I love to sit there for hours turning EQ knobs, and this one has lots of them.

I sent a link to this to a friend to make fun of her small hands, then I did a double-take and I think I'm going to get this. It looks like so much fun.

Kind of a side note to this, but I love that they are leaning so heavily on Seiji to do their demos. I don't generally like the current wave of Insta-core guitarists, but this guy is just such a joy to listen to.

0rimus

Reaction score
Yeah, that aup10n is my #1 takeaway from Ibanez this year. I've spent so many hours playing a bard in Baldur's Gate 3 that I pretty much need to buy it now.

Came close to buying their other piccolo guitars but always preferred nylon strings when it comes to acoustic shit.

48mm nut width baby!ithinktheyrestartingtogetsuspicious.png

Dayn

Reaction score
Yeah, that aup10n is my #1 takeaway from Ibanez this year. I've spent so many hours playing a bard in Baldur's Gate 3 that I pretty much need to buy it now.

Came close to buying their other piccolo guitars but always preferred nylon strings when it comes to acoustic shit.

48mm nut width baby!View attachment 136182
I haven't played it but my reason had the exact same vibe.

The price was right and it was in stock, so I bought one. Just need to wait for delivery now.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are the black plastic jacks new for 2024 or did it start last year? And are those only on lower end models?

InfernalVortex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Will a LoPro fit in that?

If it's the same as the old Lo TRS, and it definitely looks identical and Id be surprised if it wasn't, not really. It requires expanding the tail section of the rout about a mm or so on each side and the "wings" are far too wide, and the angled shoulders look weird, and the front of the bridge is precariously close to the front of the rout unless you upgrade the posts... which is a worthwhile upgrade but it requires pulling posts out of soft basswood, doweling, and redrilling, or just YOLO'ing a 10mm drill bit down the existing holes.

I've done it. Worked out kind of okay. But it's not really worth the effort. If I were to do it all over again I'd throw a GE-1996t in it. Lo Pro or GE1996t are both going to look funky in the TRS rout. You might as well get one that's half the cost.

Dayn

Reaction score
RIP my dreams, the AUP10N in stock from where I bought it was an IT error when they received one for marketing and wasn't actually in stock for sale. I don't know why I expected otherwise to be honest, given they're still trying to fulfil 2023 stock.

0rimus

Reaction score
Yeah, the listing for it on zZounds says March 22nd. Granted, their estimated in-stock tends to be excessively pessimistic. I'd think somewhere end of February maybe.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Are the black plastic jacks new for 2024 or did it start last year? And are those only on lower end models?
The mono-unit output jack is made of solid, durable material and is a single piece to avoid unwanted movement and loosening of the jack, which leads to contact failure or disconnection. This innovation allows for long term playing enjoyment and minimal maintenance.

They have been on the GIOs for a couple of years now.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
well, 2024 is certainly shaping up to be a whelming year for Ibanez. 🙄

FormerlyVintage

Reaction score
Even if there are no new prestige models announced right now, some do seem to have been discontinued, such as the RG5170. Perhaps this happened a while ago and I just didn't notice, I'm often not well informed as shown by:

It is new in some markets, like Europe where Remy is based.

Well, that humbles me once again regarding my smugness, haha! I do have to say, being Dutch myself -- like Remy -- I thought this guitar was available here because I've seen Dutch guitarists use it, Joe Tal from Textures for example uses a slightly modded one. Aside from private purchases, can endorsees receive guitars that aren't officially available in their region? IIRC Per Nilsson once did a breakdown of Ibanez's different endorsement tiers (and he was surprisingly low), but I don't know where to find it.