Ibanez 2024 NAMM

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love them both. Pickguard, stainless steel frets, ebony fingerboard, all around finished body, lo-pro edge, reversed headstock. Damn, not the biggest fan of Fishmans, but otherwise that's an awesome guitar for me. Definitely goning to grab one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Didn't Mick Thomson have a very similar guitar to the khaki metallic one a few years and a few endorsement deals ago? But with the Edge FX bridge?

Anyway, "interesting" colour choices, and probably not for me. But lovely specs on these.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, Ibanez finally knocking it out of the park on specs........oh it's $2200?? Ffs...

It's 2024, this is just how much stuff is.

Pretty much priced directly with Jackson MJ/American and ESP E-II, often cheaper when like for like.

I mean both Jackson and Schecter want the same money for SK builds these days.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
It's 2024, this is just how much stuff is.

Pretty much priced directly with Jackson MJ/American and ESP E-II, often cheaper when like for like.

I mean both Jackson and Schecter want the same money for SK builds these days.
Don't get me wrong, it's not just Ibanez, everyone is out of their minds asking this now a days.

I just don't feel any of these guitars are worth what they're being asked in comparison to their cheaper alternatives. And I'm a huge guitar snob, of all people.

I guess the past few years have been good to my wallet, at least.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping that with the imminent stagnation of the used market on the hopeful horizon, that prices would have hit a plateau by now, but value is in the wallet of the beholder, and people are always gonna fork over cash for luxury.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
The Saber always sold less than the RG...but nothing really ever sold better.

But I mean, they don't even really do fret variations on the RG, save the Timmons models.
Curious if anyone knows - does the AZ outsell the RG?

TheInvisibleHand

Reaction score
I was kinda hoping that with the imminent stagnation of the used market on the hopeful horizon, that prices would have hit a plateau by now, but value is in the wallet of the beholder, and people are always gonna fork over cash for luxury.
I think people have a very detached view of what they expect Ibanez to cost. We quickly forget that when the first jem came out it was priced above fender and Gibson guitars at the time. They cost something like 3k in today’s dollars. So when people bitch about a higher tier RG costing 2k, it’s still pretty damn good for the guitar you’re getting.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it's not just Ibanez, everyone is out of their minds asking this now a days.

I just don't feel any of these guitars are worth what they're being asked in comparison to their cheaper alternatives. And I'm a huge guitar snob, of all people.

I guess the past few years have been good to my wallet, at least.

Maybe because I'm old as dirt, but like decade over decade this doesn't really feel like pricing is out paced what has been offered previously, if you compare like for like dollar for dollar.

Ten years ago, 2014, the fanciest 6-string Prestige RG was like $1200. But it didn't have stainless steel frets or a Lo-Pro or ebony. It was basically an RG550...which you can actually get brand new today for about $1k.

Like if you wanted what that RGR is 10 years ago you basically had to pay $2500 in 2014 money for someone to make it for you, or pay even more for a rare store model J.Custom.

Folks want variety, the want the newest and "best" specs, and that's going to cost money.

The only times I can remember prices correcting the other direction were times of financial upheaval, like ~2008, which we'll probably see again soon with how things are going.

I get that it's a bummer. I bought my first UV for like $500. Granted that was real money back then, but it still crazy to think and even crazier that I remember. :lol:

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know why anybody is complaining about prices, when was the last prices increase? The AZ is still the same $2000 it's been since released. Genesis are still the same price since released. They add more bells and whistles to a new model it's going to cost a little more.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Here's all the new Prestige level, almost makes up for nothing at the Winter show.

TQM2CUF - $3999.99 List - $2999 MAP - AVAILABLE - Your Price $$$
RGR5130KM - $3199.99 List - $2199 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
RGR5130GRM - $3199.99 List - $2199 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2402GRM - $2666.65 List - $1999 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2204NWGRM - $2666.65 List - $1999 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2204NWLMGR - $2866.65 List - $2149 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
I've seen military parades more colorful than that