Ibanez J-Custom 8 string

• Thread starter LordHar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
No guitar is worth 4k. Ever. You can make if from <censored> ivory and strung it with gold strings, emerald inlays (or no inlays, if prefered!).
Anyone who's spending that much money on a guitar means that he has too much!

Or it means that the market value of what they want is at least 4k. :idea:

I think it looks lovely personally, and it's definitely interesting to see how much ground 8s are gaining in the market right now.

Superwoodle

Chris Woodle
Reaction score
holy-mother-of-jesus-aww-yeaaaaaa.jpg

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez are killing it with the 8 strings this year.... I mean now there is really no excuse not to own an Ibanez 8 string if you like Ibanez and 8 strings :lol: :ugh:

There's something at every price point from RG8's up to Tosin sigs/J Customs. Premiums gotta be around the corner.....

Dayn

Reaction score
I wanted to get an RG2228A in Galaxy White to match my RG2228 in Galaxy Black...

But fuck. Me. That purple is so god-damn amazing, and it has a vine inlay. Holy shit. I don't care if it's double the price; I am going to get this purple one if I damn well can. I don't need a custom if I get this sexy voluptuous beast.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I'll be honest, a year ago I would have bet against Ibanez ever releasing a J - Custom 8 string or a budget 8 string. I'm glad I don't gamble.

Daxten

Reaction score
I would buy it, if it got the Ionizer 8 set
btw. my other guitar also got the tree of life (Ibanez rg prestige limited 2003), would have had a nice theme going there :/

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
It's definitely a bad mutha fuckah.
Goes without saying, if i had the
money -I'd be all over it like girl juice
on panties.

I like to fantasize about it having
neck-through construction.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
shitsøn;3367308 said:
Which you have tried yet? :scratch:

I'm kinda getting over the fact it has EMGs. I'm starting to GAS hard for this beast. The black/purple-ish one would look great with a set of white 808Xs.

This. I completely despise that bridge and I really do not care for EMGs anymore but, that thing is so awesome I could probably get over it lol.

Besides, I've heard the 18v mod makes EMGs a lot more tolerable. Not to mention there is always the pickup ring option from FOTN.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Good God....I need this in my life NOW!!!!! Both of those finishes are so tasty :agreed:

Ibanez has surprised me so much lately. Hopefully now I won't have to feel so shunned by people when I tell them I play an 8 string considering how many production 8s are coming out :lol: Getting so tired of people who cannot grasp the concept of more than 6 strings

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Buy pickup covers or rings. Problem fucking solved. Ibanez released a mother fucking J. CUSTOM 8 STRING, and people are bitching about the $200 pickups that can easily be replaced. There's seriously no satisfying people. Ever.

/ragequit.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Buy pickup covers or rings. Problem fucking solved. Ibanez released a mother fucking J. CUSTOM 8 STRING, and people are bitching about the $200 pickups that can easily be replaced. There's seriously no satisfying people. Ever.

/ragequit.
Don't you have to drill into the guitar for pickup rings? I know I wouldn't drill into a J.Custom, plus they look ugly to me. Pickup covers would be a solution. Direct mount DiMarzios would have solved the case for me personally. If I make a decision to buy a 4300$ guitar, I don't really want to worry about a pickup swop right away, but oh well... I'm still tempted.

Also, bitching about people who are bitching about something doesn't really seem to solve anything either. ;)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I mean, I get that everyone wanted passives. I would have preferred passives, regardless of the fact that I won't be able to afford one of these things. :lol: But regardless of what Ibanez puts out, I think someone will always find something about it that they have to complain about, and it's irritating. Ibanez released a whole slew of ERGs this year, and people still aren't satisfied.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
I do have some nitpicks with just about every guitar I come across. However, as far as Ibanez is concerned, they have more than satisfied me this year. I think they have released more awesomness in this one year than they have in the last ten years combined. I think it is amazing. I just wish I could afford them lol.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
At least it's cheaper than the M8M :lol:

Yeah the whole EMG thing is kind of hit or miss. You could just drop in a set of covered Lundgren's or get a custom set of covered Duncans. That's not a huge issue...

My only gripe is that they basically just took an RG2228 and stole the J-Custom 7 finishes and slapped it together as a new guitar. I have to admit I am a huge Ibanez fan and they have really taken more risks than most companies ever would. I understand it's hard to please everyone when you are making a production model guitar. I just can't afford to spend more than $2,000 a pop on pieces of gear anymore. I have plenty of shit already. For the money I would rather just get a JP7.