Ibanez Jem appreciation thread!!!!

• Thread starter mystix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I don't know, I find the VWH one to be really classy looking. The 10th is gorgeous as well, just wish it didn't have the writing right there on the pickguard.

Eric

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
So for any of you JEM owners out there. Do you ever find that the tree of life inlay is a distraction to your playing at all?

For instance, for fretboards with offset dots or no dots at all, I find it difficult to keep my place on the fretboard during string skipping tapping passages. Playing rhythm isn't really a problem and leads isn't too bad, but tapping passages are difficult.

So, on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, the JEMs have quite a lot going on on the fretboard and is that distracting at all for soloing/lead play? I would tend to think it's not too bad for rhythm but having never played one, I really don't know! Thanks guys!

Eric

Jet9

Petrucci Wannabe
Reaction score
Since I'll take any change I can to show off any of my Ibbies:

dsc04080d.jpg

dsc04076j.jpg

dsc04079s.jpg

I don't own this one and I personally didn't like the way it played very much, but damn is it one sexy piece of plexiglass.

20120414155423601.jpg

willis7452

Reaction score
Here's my er.. Jem.. kinda. The guy who had it first didn't like the monkey grip so he put a 87 rg550dy body on it:wallbash:. So im trying to track down an original body for it since I have everything else for it.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 15