Ibanez Jem appreciation thread!!!!

• Thread starter mystix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are KILLIN' me with some of these! Man, that 20th will set ya back some......I would LOVE to have one of those!

Dooky

Reaction score
1993 was such an awesome year! :hbang:
So much choice in colours and design! I would've bought at least 6 of them - the: 77BFP, 77DY, 77FP, 777DY, Green dot and UV7MC (but I was only 11 years old)
I wish it was like that now. The only JEM that mildly excites me in the current line up is the FP2, but even that's nowhere near close to any of the JEMs they had on offer in '93.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
can't find pics right now, but here's a video! A tasteless wanky one at that!

DslDwg

Reaction score
1993 was such an awesome year! :hbang:
So much choice in colours and design! I would've bought at least 6 of them - the: 77BFP, 77DY, 77FP, 777DY, Green dot and UV7MC (but I was only 11 years old)
I wish it was like that now. The only JEM that mildly excites me in the current line up is the FP2, but even that's nowhere near close to any of the JEMs they had on offer in '93.

You said it - '93 was an amazing line up the only reason I give '92 a slight edge is the PMC is my favorite JEM ever. But 2 FP's and 2 universes plus all the others in the same year was amazing.

Pisses me off too because I had money to burn during this period but was also at sea in a steal tube most of '93 which is the same reason I didn't know what a killer selection of JEM's there was and the reason I had money to burn.

By the way Brett amazing Y2K family - wow :bowdown::eek:

brett8388

Reaction score
You said it - '93 was an amazing line up the only reason I give '92 a slight edge is the PMC is my favorite JEM ever. But 2 FP's and 2 universes plus all the others in the same year was amazing.

Pisses me off too because I had money to burn during this period but was also at sea in a steal tube most of '93 which is the same reason I didn't know what a killer selection of JEM's there was and the reason I had money to burn.

By the way Brett amazing Y2K family - wow :bowdown::eek:

Thanks. Eventually I'll get all my Jems posted to my website but that takes time. Here are my other two DNA's...

5.jpg

4.jpg

decypher

Reaction score
I know this is total boredom after all those amazing guitars, but since it's a JEM appreciation thread, I'll post mine anyway :lol: . absolutely love it, the playability and feel is amazing and it's just the perfect guitar for me.

jeme.jpg

SammerX

Reaction score
What do you all think about the scalloping on the last 4 frets? Do you think it is a very noticeable difference? Considering having it done on my custom.

Steve_U1S

Reaction score
I certainly notice and appreciate the difference; gives me a lot more grip on those top frets... helps with bending and such, and I hop on up there fairly often as well.
I filtered that on from my Jem experiences through to my Universes, and then my various RG models (7620s, 1527s) 6s and 7s... even my FR, as I am too used to it.

I'd do it; it won't hurt anything, and will most likely help (as long as it's not done by a butcher =])

shadscbr

Reaction score
Seeing those DNA's really have me missing my mine. :erk: I must say though, it got me out of a tough financial time when my wife and I both lost our jobs to China-bound outsourcing, at the same time...so it holds both good and bad memories.....i would love another one someday :)

P1010033.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P10100069.jpg

Shad

Brandon

Azlgaf
Reaction score
So many DNA Jems.....

Has anyone here gotten the new Seafoam Green Jem? I think that guitar is quite classy-looking.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
2KDNA, the 20th, the 10th, the Bad Horsie, all the crazy swirls... So much win.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa... Is that a custom made model or a LNG? The swirl looks like nothing I've ever seen

Missed this...

The answer is "YES" haha.

Had a jem7vwh, Hated the white/gold. Found some online vendors for swirls. Made this guy redo it SIX times before I was satisfied. But, its one of the best swirls I've had the pleasure of seeing, and it came out great.

JP universe is the owner of it (minus the neck) and he did some amazing stuff with it!!!

shadscbr

Reaction score
If I could get this player cond Jem10 back for what I sold it for...I would write the check this instant...fantastic guitar :(

P1010071.jpg

Shad

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Missed this...

The answer is "YES" haha.

Had a jem7vwh, Hated the white/gold. Found some online vendors for swirls. Made this guy redo it SIX times before I was satisfied. But, its one of the best swirls I've had the pleasure of seeing, and it came out great.

JP universe is the owner of it (minus the neck) and he did some amazing stuff with it!!!

It's so close to being complete..... my luthier friend keeps fu%$ing around with it and has promised complete dates on 3 different occasions :scream: The way he is talking about it though..... I think it's going to be amazing

His latest update is 'by this w-e'.......

Also brett8388....... Seriously awesome jem collection 5 DNA'??? :bowdown:

How many jems do you have?

Dooky

Reaction score

My god this picture is awesome! Love it.
These two JEMs are in my top 5 favourite JEMs of all time. I really wish they would make more like these. With the except of the FP2 the current JEM & UV line up is really boring and has been for too long now.

mystix

Reaction score
So many DNA Jems.....

Has anyone here gotten the new Seafoam Green Jem? I think that guitar is quite classy-looking.

I've actually read a lot of reviews we here he quality control on those are horrible. Still, I would love to try one out!!!

brett8388

Reaction score
It's so close to being complete..... my luthier friend keeps fu%$ing around with it and has promised complete dates on 3 different occasions :scream: The way he is talking about it though..... I think it's going to be amazing

His latest update is 'by this w-e'.......

Also brett8388....... Seriously awesome jem collection 5 DNA'??? :bowdown:

How many jems do you have?

Hate to answer that question this way but "I don't know - I would have to count". I've got some 1987 SK's in that aren't on my website yet, and also a bad ass GMC that just arrived.

I guess three more than what is on my site but maybe one more I'm forgetting.