Ibanez NAMM 2016

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
After playing my Destroyer for so long, I actually got used to the position. :lol:

When is Ibanez gonna make a 7-string RG with a pickguard and sharktooth inlays? They'll need to do that to get me hooked.

Hope to god not soon, because the sharktooth inlays are ugly. Let's stick with the dot inlays and black fretboards please. :ugh:

StrongFish91

Reaction score
Hope to god not soon, because the sharktooth inlays are ugly. Let's stick with the dot inlays and black fretboards please. :ugh:

I could sacrifice the inlays (ESP's and Jackson do sharktooth better anyway) but at least a pickguard would be nice to see. Something like the 350 or 550, just with 7 strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Also, you think that switch placement is bad... Have you seen the prestige RGD? :lol:

I dont think its bad at all. Its quick and eassy to access with the flick of a finger without need to move your hand, just like a JP guitar, if not its a bit better as its closer to the neck than the JP so its not that muhc in your way as your hand tends to rest on the bridge. Its only bad if you like to play like a 15yr old punk band

As for that S, I'd rather have them swap the coil tap and pickup selector around.

exactly! thats the way it should have been from the start, specially since that is the positions on the RGAs and RGs iron labels. But as the difference on the switch sizes you cant swap them

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
exactly! thats the way it should have been from the start, specially since that is the positions on the RGAs and RGs iron labels. But as the difference on the switch sizes you cant swap them

Ibanez even got it right the first time. They did just that on the old S-Premium with EMGs.

004-16-1.jpg

Ok, sans coil tap switch. But point still stands.

A-Branger

Reaction score
^^
so after seeing the catalog cover photo....

And finally they added a black back to a dark color scheme, instead of "brown" :agreed:

I stand corrected. The new line of S guitars would have the back of the guitar brown-red in color........

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: why Ibanez???????:scratch: why?????

cant you get anything right?..... who is the designer who thinks a red-ish brown goes well with a Black-grey-white color scheme (including the RGA one too) and a dark-blue-white one too. On a line of guitars that should be "metal" specially since this time you decided to go back to your "all black" line of guitars, assuming "its a safe color for metal"

seriusly between this and the weird location of switches, and the knob (which can be easily replaced) they just trow away the chance to have a great looking guitar..... also the lack of option for 6 or 7 string, you only get that one color forget about the other. They just released the 6 string RGD in blue, judging for peoples response at the lack of an option for those who didnt wanted the 7 string, but now you do it again but with the S series.....

:wallbash:

JKM777

Reaction score
looks like the seven will be 25.5, which is a little disappointing!!! Now ive tried extended scale i do not want to go back! Otherwise I would have bought one...:wallbash:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
^^
so after seeing the catalog cover photo....

I stand corrected. The new line of S guitars would have the back of the guitar brown-red in color........

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: why Ibanez???????:scratch: why?????

cant you get anything right?..... who is the designer who thinks a red-ish brown goes well with a Black-grey-white color scheme (including the RGA one too) and a dark-blue-white one too. On a line of guitars that should be "metal" specially since this time you decided to go back to your "all black" line of guitars, assuming "its a safe color for metal"

seriusly between this and the weird location of switches, and the knob (which can be easily replaced) they just trow away the chance to have a great looking guitar..... also the lack of option for 6 or 7 string, you only get that one color forget about the other. They just released the 6 string RGD in blue, judging for peoples response at the lack of an option for those who didnt wanted the 7 string, but now you do it again but with the S series.....

:wallbash:

I gotta say, I think you're wrong/alone on this. The red is the color of mahogany. It looks really good too, as it's how a bunch of luthiers do backs. You get a pretty flame/quilt on top, and then when it's flipped over it its an awesome mahogany with a 3 or 5 piece neck.

Idk about you're tastes/spending but I buy between 1-2 guitars a year, and I won't touch "another black guitar". Especially a superstrat from Ibanez or LTD; as in black they all look the same.

A black back with a blue or silver top like that would look cheap IMO. And they got the ebony fretboard correct so that's what really matters.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
looks like the seven will be 25.5, which is a little disappointing!!! Now ive tried extended scale i do not want to go back! Otherwise I would have bought one...:wallbash:

Every Ibanez has been 25.5'', except for the RGDs, the XL series, or some signature models. The only way you're getting a baritone Ibanez is if you get an RGD.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score

JKM777

Reaction score
Every Ibanez has been 25.5'', except for the RGDs, the XL series, or some signature models. The only way you're getting a baritone Ibanez is if you get an RGD.

I have an RGD, wouldn't be a bad thing for them to up the scale of other seven's as internation is so much better below Bb. Seeing as a lot of players are using extended scale on their signatures across multiple companies would indicate that the interest/Benifits of extended scale on 7's are worth using, so it could be a good move for ibanez to start offering it on more sevenstrings, limiting it to RGD seems like a missed oppitunity, especially on the iron labels "made for metal" I doubt a lot of these guitars remain in b standard....