Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Reaction score
I just imagine @narad's ghost wandering purgatory complaining about his headstone not matching the swatch his family sent the mason.

You know me too well. But don't get my started about the boutique headstone industry. You think a 5 year wait for a guitar is bad? For a custom headstone, you often wait a lifetime!

narad

Reaction score
Ibanez clamped down pretty hard in the last several years. Don't expect anything in the way of catalog pages until January, when enough dealers have them that it's impossible to know who leaked.

They should do a "The Departed"-esque strategy of flushing down some fake catalog pages, unique to each dealer, and seeing what leaks. And then they can also gauge the community reactions to the fakes to determine what to launch next year...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They should do a "The Departed"-esque strategy of flushing down some fake catalog pages, unique to each dealer, and seeing what leaks. And then they can also gauge the community reactions to the fakes to determine what to launch next year...

That's what spot runs and artist guitars are for.

They want to know what people who buy guitars and play guitars want.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Rich has any clues...
Rich is the last person who will say anything until he gets the green light. IIRC, a few years ago, the last time a significant leak of new Ibanez models happened before NAMM, it was because someone had managed to locate a copy of the unreleased catalog that Rich, not at all intending to distribute it, had stored on his server. As such, nowadays he's just as careful with how he manages information provided to him by Ibanez as he is with how he does a setup: extremely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts