Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordHar

Reaction score
p_region_YY10_SGS_1P_01.png

I really dig that

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Wow the Pia looks amazing in the pics on the site. The crappy catalog scan did them no justice. Man Ibanez looks to have nailed those.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So no apex300 or k7 reissue or UV, thought we'd at least get one of the three. Guess this year's all about the PIAs.

This Winter NAMM hasn't even officially begun yet. There are also three big musical instrument trade shows each year, and this is just the first.

Wow the Pia looks amazing in the pics on the site. The crappy catalog scan did them no justice. Man Ibanez looks to have nailed those.

The finishes are spot-fucking-on.

Not into the overall vibes or hardware color, but these shouldn't disappoint any existing JEM fans.

I really hope Steve sticks to this. The JEM had a great run, time for something a little different. Maybe a new series will inspire new designs.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score

Def agree. The guitar looks fantastic on the site and in the youtube video too, loads of really cool ideas on it, the magnetic back plate, the new rounder contours, the multi colour inlays on the green pink and yellow ones.... def growing on me... being brutally honest tho I am still struggling with the utopia pickup covers. Just looks weird on a Jem for me, sure after a few days of seeign these Pia's everywhere i'll be Ok with it and lookign at how much room my credit card has on it to try and order one!

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Sorry to double post but the more I think on it the more I think that magnetic back plate is just pure genius. how is that not a standard feature on at least mid to high end guitars already? So simple and so obvious

Reaction score
... so far, very few models have sparkled my attention.

Many finishes are awesome looking, but only available in 6 string guitars.

7 string news are less that ideal, with that RGDR with richlite top being the one that goes for the home run... and way too expensive for my wallet. No new S 7 stringer... :(

Cool to see Ivette getting a signature guitar. The guitar world needs more girl power.

The Pia ones are... a "STRATified" Jem and a new grip... and other small things that imo don't set it apart from the previous Jems... they're a Jem with a therapeutic skin lifting... I liked the Jems' (and RGs') sharp edges... not digging these rounded ones...

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
This Winter NAMM hasn't even officially begun yet. There are also three big musical instrument trade shows each year, and this is just the first.

The finishes are spot-fucking-on.

Not into the overall vibes or hardware color, but these shouldn't disappoint any existing JEM fans.

I really hope Steve sticks to this. The JEM had a great run, time for something a little different. Maybe a new series will inspire new designs.

initial reaction over on JEMsite was largely negative as you might expect when it deviates from actually being a JEM.
Personally I think these are probably better guitars with SS frets and a cutaway on the back of the lower horn. But the new handle looks like crap and isn’t as functional and the softened body outline just doesn’t appeal. Otherwise I’d get another JS.

I’ve got lots of JEMs, swirls, anniversaries, all sorts, but the new PIA just isn’t for me. It’s like Vai has done away with some of the bits I thought were the coolest parts and brought in things I’m not fussed about.

and put the price up.

and no sustainer.

and no JEM ;)

mitou

Reaction score
Thanks to the more ergonomic body, 400mm radius and stainless steel frets I already know I'm going to find the PIA a lot more comfortable to play than any Japanese JEM. It's all subjective of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.