Ibanez Pentatone PTEQ

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Cool. Hopefully soon.

I have been messing with my rack 5 band parametric, and a pedal 3 band parametric, and it reminded me of this pedal.

I swear I think my ear is disgusted by 450hz, lol. It seems like cutting about 4db at 400hz - 500hz makes any amp sound better. A wide bandwidth helps it sound more natural than a graphic.

I did notice the center frequency values of this Ibanez EQ are pretty close to the Mesa mark series graphic EQs, so that is cool.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I swear I think my ear is disgusted by 450hz, lol. It seems like cutting about 4db at 400hz - 500hz makes any amp sound better.
I don't think language exists to convey how strongly I agree with you here.

There's always somewhere in my chain that I'm cutting 400-500hz. I tend to start at 430hz since I believe that's what the Herbert midcut is set at, but move it around depending on speakers/IR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I don't think language exists to convey how strongly I agree with you here.

There's always somewhere in my chain that I'm cutting 400-500hz. I tend to start at 430hz since I believe that's what the Herbert midcut is set at, but move it around depending on speakers/IR.
Yeah, I have cut 500hz for years, generally with a MXR EQ pedal, or in my Fractal stuff. However, I have been trying to 'embrace the differences' by not dialing everything to sound the same, especially with my Synergy system.

I was messing around with my Uberschall module, and using my rack parametric, I used 2 bands, one about 380hz, and another at 630hz or so. Both about -4db. I find this combo sounded WAY better than without, and more natural than the graphic with the 500hz down. Then I tried the same thing in my FM3, I turned off the amp output graphic EQ, and used a parametric block instead. Same result. I think I am just going to have to accept that this is the way, lol.

Speaking of Herbert, I have considered getting the Herbert Synergy module, specially because of that mid cut knob.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
It is funny, because I find cutting this range after the amp, that I can actually turn the mids up higher on my amp. I get more of the aggressive crunch mids, and less of the boxy shit mids.
I thought I was fairly alone in this, wow! Glad to see that there are others who don’t like “those” mids.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Are we talking early 80s popular recording midrange mids here correct?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone got theirs yet? Guitarguitar in UK just told me that it's due sometime August. Must have been delays?
My Long and McQuade rep told me on the 18th that they are scheduled to ship at the end of the month from their supplier in the US. But then they gotta cross the border to Canada, which may take a couple more weeks. So mid-May delivery is what I am expecting here.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I talked to my Sweetwater rep a few weeks ago and he said mine is on the next delivery, but I expected it to already be here by now, so no idea. TBH, I've thought about cancelling it because I bought a MXR 10-band for $40 and an HX Stomp that has all the EQs I could ever want... But I'm still holding out for now.