Ibanez pickguard compatible

• Thread starter Paulo Marques
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo Marques

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls
I want to modify my RG550, want to put only 1 bridge pickup and change the color of the pickguard.
I wonder if the RG350 pickguard is compatible with the 550.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
If you're minimally good with drawing software, got to Perleguitars.com, download their PDf template and work from there, then head to your local laser cut store and have them do the job...?

Phlegethon

Reaction score
Going to beat the dead horse again and say: Perle guitars. I've ordered from Perle using his own site (custom SSS pickguard for a 7421 project) as well as reverb (the iceman body in my pfp). Frankly, this is the easiest way to get what you want ... provided you can wait for him to ship to you. Which doesn't take all that long for international orders, which is the case for me.

owlexifry

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls
I want to modify my RG550, want to put only 1 bridge pickup and change the color of the pickguard.
I wonder if the RG350 pickguard is compatible with the 550.

Thanks
i’ve done this.

E94162D3-FA8A-4F9E-9C73-D7D86CC3C340.jpeg

as @odibrom mentioned, go to https://perleguitars.com/

I ordered from Australia and didn't have a single issue.

Note: You'll need to be real careful / precise with your order. You have to specify every possible option.
Hint: the template for the RG550 (genesis) that i ordered was "Pattern #2"

My order looked like this:

Custom 6 String RG Pickguards
(Pickguard Pattern (please see description below for more information):
Pattern 2, Neck Pickup: None, leave blank, MIddle Pickup: None, leave blank, Bridge Pickup: Humbucker (Pickguard Mounted), Volume Hole: Do Not Cut Volume Hole, Tone Hole: Cut Tone Hole (pickguard mounted), 5 way switch cutout: Leave selector switch uncut, Pickguard Material: Black/White/Black ABS (.100" thick), Edge Beveling: Please cut a matte beveled edge (+$15 for acrylic, +$0 for ABS), 6 String Pickguard Orientation: Right Handed, 6 String Pickguard Mounting Screws: Black Pickguard Screws (qty 10), Fitment Verification- changes to your order can be made if you order a proof and it does not fit your guitar(subject to additional programming fees if the options/design/pattern for your guitar is not in our custom library): No proof cut needed. I have checked the printable template and double-checked my pickup and control configurations. All custom guards are cut on a non-returnable, special o rder basis., Pickguard Build Time (If ordering a proof, the build time will start from your approval)- Does not include shipping time: 10-15 Business Days (does not include weekends or holidays), Shipping Insurance: Do not insure my order against loss or damage, Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your custom order BEFORE it has been shipped, you will be assessed an up to 75% (dependent on order progress) cancellation fee before credit is issued.)

good luck :)