FS Ibanez RB888 (Roadstar II "Bean Bass")

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
DESCRIPTION:
I have for sale an Ibanez RB888 (colloquially referred to as the “Bean Bass”) dated from the year 1984 that has been professionally refinished in a brilliant, bright white color.

If you're looking at this listing (even if just out of curiosity), then you'll more than likely already know that the RB888 model has become increasingly rare in recent years with hardly any of them ever popping up on the used market. And whenever a RB888 does happen to hit the used market, it typically sells fast.

For the forum members who have not yet seen my NBD thread on this bass, you can view the thread here. It contains a very detailed rundown of the instrument.

Specs:
• Body wood: alder
• Body finish: gloss
• Color: white
• Scale length: 34" (864mm)
• Neck construction: bolt-on
• Neck wood: maple
• Neck finish: semi-gloss
• Neck profile: D-shape
• Fretboard wood: rosewood
• Fretboard radius: 9.5" (240mm)
• Frets: 21 medium
• Pickup: Ibanez Super J6
• Controls: 3-way Ibanez Tri-Sound mini toggle (series/parallel/split), volume knob, tone knob
• Knobs: Ibanez Sure Grip II
• Bridge: Ibanez Accu-Cast BII
• Tuners: Ibanez Velve-Tune BII
• Strap buttons: Ibanez Dead End

The original Ibanez gigbag from the factory will be included in the sale.

CONDITION:
Given that this instrument is 40 years old, there are some signs of age and usage, mainly just a very slight scrape on the "butt" of the bass along with some finish speckling. I’ve documented every little imperfection in the photos.

PRICE:
$800 OBO + shipping

I can work with interested buyers on all shipping concerns domestically or internationally.

PHOTOS:

IMG-E7253.jpg

IMG-E7254.jpg

IMG-E7258.jpg

IMG-E7260.jpg

IMG-E7262.jpg

IMG-E7261.jpg

IMG-E7263.jpg

IMG-E7264.jpg

IMG-E7265.jpg

IMG-E7266.jpg

IMG-E7270.jpg

IMG-E7268.jpg

IMG-E7269.jpg

IMG-E7272.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.