Ibanez RG7421XL swirled to be like Steve Vai’s Baritone Universe?

Should I have my Ibanez RG7421XL swirled to be similar to Steve Vai’s Baritone Universe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
If yer gonna swirl it, have the person do some inlay other than the gag me dollar store dots. If you go grey nickel, for goodness sake change out those dot inlays.
It keeps it closer to looking like the UV Baritone, however, usually I 100% agree with you and prefer offset, cool design or mostly none at all for fretboard inlays

Default_M

Reaction score
Only original thing left on mine is the wood and paint, I really like it. Mine seems more silver than grey.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Unmolested XLs in decent condition are a rarity. Just get a Perle body and have that swirled.
Unfortunately, if you look closely… the idiot that owned it prior to me made a extra hole in between volume and tone knobs for a kill switch. AAAND NOT WITH A DRILL… looked like he used a flat head screwdriver to make the hole🤦🏼‍♂️. Ive wanted to do something other than cover it with a mini kill switch and spacer, but filling the hole and repainting it silver it will still most likely show through.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of some reputable people or shops that do swirls? I remember a old old post about a company but I thought they went out of business. I had a other guitar painted last year by Patrick Sims of Sims Custom Shop Guitars out of Tennessee. He did a absolutely flawless paint job on my PRS. He has done some amazing swirl work that ive seen. Just wanted to get at least one or two more quotes.