Ibanez RGA732 vs Schecter Stealth C7

• Thread starter SpiritCrusher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritCrusher

Reaction score
Hi All!

I've been looking at getting a 7 at around $500 and the following two guitars caught my eye:

Schecter Stealth C7
Local GC has this for $370
http://www.schecterguitars.com/vault/listing/stealth-c-7-detail

RGA732
http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg...&cat_id=1&series_id=10&data_id=326&color=CL01
$500, I would have to buy this without trying it to get it at my GC.

I could barely find anything about the RGA732 on the net, anyone had any experience with this?

Are either of these a step above the other in quality?
Looks like the Stealth is a make in South Korea vs the RG is a made in Indo.

Must haves for the guitar:
Hard tail
Thinner neck/ Nice neck joint

Help is appreciated! Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
Schecter because
1: less expensive so it gives you enough money to get a couple of PUs
2: not an Ibanez. The MII ibanez dont seems to get the best reputation right now... (see the IR line)

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Schecter Stealth, no question.

I would safely say that the Schecter is without question a step above the Ibanez. I haven't played the Ibanez RGA732 but I've played other recent Ibanez Indo guitars in this range and they were okay but not worth the price.

I've played the 6-string version of the Schecter guitar and really liked it, great value for the price.

Seeing as how the Schecter is cheaper, and is going to feature a better build quality its a no-brainer, for me. Unless of course you love the aesthetics and neck shape of the Ibanez and dislike these on the Schecter. Ultimately, in terms of quality (and in this case, price), the Schecter is the winner in these departments.

cip 123

Reaction score
Schecter, I personally haven't played a bad one. and I owned an Indo made c8 Deluxe.

I could list sh*tty Ibanez' I've played all day.

jorymil

Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer the Schecter for the longer scale length. Better downtuning capability.

SpiritCrusher

Reaction score
Schecter because
1: less expensive so it gives you enough money to get a couple of PUs
2: not an Ibanez. The MII ibanez dont seems to get the best reputation right now... (see the IR line)
Have the MII's went down in quality? My first guitar was a $300 MII Ibanez that I got in the 2000s, and that thing is superb. Sad to hear.

The schecter won out! I feel like it was a steal for $370! It just felt like more of a quality guitar than the others I was trying out at this price range.

The shecter rips and feels really solid, the only thing is, I am bit of an Ibanez fanboy though :lol: I'm used seeing schecters with baseball bat necks, but this one was a nice change. The satin finish on the neck makes it feel oh so nice :cool:

NGD Incoming!

Rocks256

Reaction score
Go with ibanez, neck is slim and thin, schecter necks are baseball bat like. Schecter is fine, even pickups but wieght and neck is just too fat. Ibanez are great, i dont get negative opinions, as myself i have Rg7421 in Blue Aqua colour and it rules.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Go with ibanez, neck is slim and thin, schecter necks are baseball bat like. Schecter is fine, even pickups but wieght and neck is just too fat. Ibanez are great, i dont get negative opinions, as myself i have Rg7421 in Blue Aqua colour and it rules.

most Schecters now have much thinner necks