Ibanez TAM Owners Check In! - TAM10 / TAM100

• Thread starter MemphisHawk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Hey guys just a question, sorry if this has been explained in the past.

Does anyone know why the TAM100 has such a wide Pickup selector route? Its something I found very odd considering nearly every other RG style model has what I would normally expect in a cleaner, tighter route ... even the TAM10 has this more seamless route. (even the Fender in the 1st pic)

Still would love to own these guitars, just always wondered about that selector cutout.

Because it has a pickguard but the electronics are directly attached to the body and it is rear routed, not front routed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Ah I see, does that mean the TAM10 has rear routed electronics compared to the TAM100?

The TAM100 has a normal rout for the pickup switch, the pickguard just has a bigger hole in it than the TAM10. There is still an access port on the back of a TAM100.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
PS, looks like Ibanez is still making the TAM100, but all the big retailers have none in stock with a 2 month delay at least.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
DSC_2142_zps9d281304.jpg

No reason, just whoring.

stinkoman

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could tell me for certain if the TAM10 has the Titanium reinforcment like the TAM100 and the RG8? I've asked twice and both got an unsure and the when googling I get linked to the TAM100 specs.

Xanderdad

Reaction score
There was a tag or some kind of documentation about reinforcement rods in the case from my TAM10. I'll take a look later to see if I can find it.

jmeezle

Reaction score
I covered a section of Meshuggah - Spasm using my TAM10, enjoy!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jm2484/meshuggah-spasm-cover-drum-solo-section[/SC]

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I absolutely love the TAM100. I've considered liquidating all my current guitars to get me the money for one, but even then I don't think I can justify spending $4k on a guitar at this point in my life. Very cool thread, great pics everybody.

edit: but yo that photo on the front page...

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
So on the edge 3 bridge, I guess I cranked down the string holder too tight last time I changed strings and broke one of those tiny little black things in the saddle. I can't find that as a replacement part on ibanez website. Do I have to buy a whole saddle just for the little piece that clamps down on the string??

6e31bcdd70866d1ff3168c5405de6543.jpg

It's just the little block that the allen bolts pushes in, you can see in the picture.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Actually now that I am thinking about it, is there a site that can make me a clear pickguard for 8-string Ibanez? That would actually be an awesome way to cover up the holes.

Latest posts