Ibanez Xpt-707

• Thread starter Reignerrr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reignerrr

Reaction score
I want to know if somebody have this guitar and how compares to a ltd mh350nt, i saw it and i love the look but is extremely expensive in my country (2000 usd) :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
I want to know if somebody have this guitar and how compares to a ltd mh350nt, i saw it and i love the look but is extremely expensive in my country (2000 usd) :(
they're solid guitars but definitely not worth anywhere near that price point

Adieu

Reaction score
For countries with nasty customs duties on official imports, check social networks (or actual people you know) to see if you can track down somebody who knows how to do grey market imports.

Either somebody who charges a bit to do it as a side hustle or somebody who'll instruct you in the finer points of dodging import duties when ordering from abroad

Adieu

Reaction score
https://customsdutyfree.com/customs...lutes-psaltery-guitar-oud-sitar-to-argentina/

Or just pay the duties, if you have that much money

For $2000, even with shipping and customs, you can get something far nicer from abroad... an ESP Japan, a Universe, a K7, a nice Jcustom, etc.

Pretty much almost anything you want

PS the 707 is INDONESIAN. And from before the rise of expensive indos at that... it was like a $800 guitar when new. It is maybe-a-bit-better than your MH350 (and maybe not at all). $2k used should be top-of-the-line Japan or USA stuff only.

Last edited:

Merrekof

Reaction score
Woooooooow 2k?? There was one for sale here in Belgium last year. The seller asked 400€ IIRC. It was extremely tempting but I couldn't justify buying another guitar. This is of of those missed out sales I think about now and then. :(

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
Woooooooow 2k?? There was one for sale here in Belgium last year. The seller asked 400€ IIRC. It was extremely tempting but I couldn't justify buying another guitar. This is of of those missed out sales I think about now and then. :(
Honestly that's about all they're worth. The 7 strings and prestige go for more due to being way less common. I'd rather just buy a body from somebody like Perle and swap on my own neck tbh. Far more cost effective.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Honestly that's about all they're worth. The 7 strings and prestige go for more due to being way less common. I'd rather just buy a body from somebody like Perle and swap on my own neck tbh. Far more cost effective.
Yeah, true but then again, how often do they pop up for sale. I'm hawking the classified ads and I've only seen 'm pop up once every 5 years or so..

How do you think I got myself an Ibanez FR7? :agreed:

lewis

Reaction score
if you can, find a XP300FX instead.

still as solid (ok granted its not a 7 but still) but being a bolt on, its much simpler to mod and opens up more doors.

I have one and done a 26.5 scale neck swap on it and had it refinished with a white and green swirl

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
i have one and it's a great guitar imho.

2k is a bit steep id say but they are getting harder to find...

Moltar

Reaction score
I have two of these guitars, an original and the newer one with the bigger bevels. Both are great guitars and I use them all the time. But both needed fretwork to play well. Now they are great but as I got them they had terrible uneven frets, one was horrific how bad it was. Both needed a full level and re-crown. But I got them for good prices and I love them after the fretwork.

But I would never pay over several hundred (Canadian) dollars for one.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
I sold mine for around 700 eur I think.
It was a very good guitar, sounded massive (with Nazgul/sentient combo). I think it was a fair price.