If one band was to reunite, who would YOU choose?

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Astrocreep era White Zombie - Rob, J, Sean and Tempesta

Hell yes.

Also:

fear-factory-1995.jpg

sirbuh

Reaction score
Morbid Angel, but really just as an excuse to get them touring again.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed but that ship has sailed. Christian unfortunately has been a piece of shit to them from what I've read, or at least Raymond specifically by sleeping Raymond's wife. I'll sure among many other things aside form the lawsuits.

But in a dream scenario 1000% yes

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Agreed but that ship has sailed. Christian unfortunately has been a piece of shit to them from what I've read, or at least Raymond specifically by sleeping Raymond's wife. I'll sure among many other things aside form the lawsuits.
IIRC Raymond's working a marketing firm and he's making a good living with that so that won't happen. The rest of the 3 guys hate each other because... well... multiple lawsuits + Dino buying the rest of the FF ownership from Burton after he was forced to give it up.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Another band I'd love to see get back together is the original line up of Chimaira! But Mark is Mark, Andols was the best on drums and this performance of Six live with all original band members is priceless!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Another band I'd love to see get back together is the original line up of Chimaira! But Mark is Mark, Andols was the best on drums and this performance of Six live with all original band members is priceless!

I might be wrong but I think everyone's open to a reunion. Only thing keeping a reunion from the "classic" Chimaira lineup is Andols' health. There's definitely no ill will. Everyone's on good terms and even hang out on Rob Arnold's YT channel.

Werecow

Reaction score
I tend to listen to bands either for the rhythm guitar, the vocals, or both, so i just wouldn't want to listen to a reformed band if the missing founding members were in those positions.

If i could reform a band by bringing back someone from the dead, then it'd be Type O Negative.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Weird one but I think Soundgarden would be pretty good with Hozier as the new singer.
Not so sure.I dig him, but I'd miss the high notes where Chris really let it rip. I think this could be a cool turn for a woman singer with a scratchy voice who can hit those highs.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Love Bruce he is so talented, his playing on The Scream's debut album is insane, still one of my favourite albums ever. Actually the screams original line up is another for this list, it was 3/5ths of Racer X (Bruce, John and Scott) plus John Corabi. Scott left after the album to join Priest

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermore. Omg would I pay so much noney for that.

The Human Abstract with Nathan and AJ. Too bad there is so much poison between all of them.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Come on, be open-minded. The vocalist from Dream Theater or even Symphony X would nail those high notes that Warrel Dane did perfectly! Maybe even the singer from DragonForce that did Through the Fire and the Flames.
Of course there are many people who scould sing those songs but Warrel had such an unique voice. I would not want to hear anyone else sing those songs.

Having said that, I would love to see Jeff Loomis with other talented musicians where he actually can write his own music. Nevermore is never more. I want to see him in another band. The way I see it, he belongs in a supergroup not in a shit band like AE.

It's so great to finally see a super hero guitarists like Bumblefot actually in a real good metal band like Sons of Apollo.
Jeff Loomis needs something similar where he can create the amazing music he's capable of. If he gets in a band like that it will be just as awesome as Nevermore, without being Nevermore.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
TBH I'm sure Jeff doesn't mind being an AE. Probably one of the best-paying melodeath bands to be in next to Amon Amarth and Dethklok. :lol:
On the other hand...

The original arch Enemy, aka black earth

I want this. So bad. The songs they did for Black Earth were soooo goooood. Amott brothers + Johan Liiva are a tour de force when it comes to writing kickass music.
Plus Jeff Loomis could go back to doing his own music. :lol: Make a new band with the Godless Endeavor Nevermore lineup + a new singer. I agree Russell Allen would be fucking great... Just don't call it Nevermore.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Jeff is such a monster he could do literally anything. I can't really dog the guy for joining one of the biggest metal bands in the world

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Doug Cerrito back in Suffocation or Doug Cerrito making another album with Erik Rutan

Also, Martyr, straight up. IGDAF about no Voivod