If one band was to reunite, who would YOU choose?

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Further Seems Forever

They've done a few one-off reunion shows over the past 10 years, but I would love for them to be full time and release more music.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Weird one but I think Soundgarden would be pretty good with Hozier as the new singer.
Pretty sure Brandi Carlile already called dibs on this potential gig.
Another band I'd love to see get back together is the original line up of Chimaira! But Mark is Mark, Andols was the best on drums and this performance of Six live with all original band members is priceless!

It was already pointed out, but Andols can't play drums anymore.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know her name and probably have heard her songs before but I don't know her voice off the top of my head.

Soundgarden really has some options. Another I'd throw in the hat is Ian Thornley. I think his voice would do it justice and his playing is incredible.

mastapimp

Reaction score
I know her name and probably have heard her songs before but I don't know her voice off the top of my head.

Soundgarden really has some options. Another I'd throw in the hat is Ian Thornley. I think his voice would do it justice and his playing is incredible.
She's already performed live with the surviving members and was interviewed saying she'd love to tour with them to honor Chris.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerath is the first band that comes to mind. They made 3 amazing albums and then called it quits because of musical differences or something along those lines. Would love to hear that stuff in a live setting.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Pretty sure Brandi Carlile already called dibs on this potential gig.

It was already pointed out, but Andols can't play drums anymore.
They got the guy from the Crown of Phantoms lineup to replace him at the reunion show and he did a great job. I'm guessing he'd be the guy they go with when they reunite again

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Spawn of possession

Bryssling (guitarist/main songwriter) and Dennis (Vocals/formerly drums) are forming a new group with KC Howard (Decrepit Birth/Odious Mortem drummer). I forget the name of the project, but that will be one to watch for.

I'd also love a Severed Savior reunion with the Servile lineup.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Didn't Devin do some SYL shows recently? Or play some SYL tunes somewhere?

jahosy

Reaction score
Never got the chance to see them live .. so it's gonna be

Edge of Sanity
Bolt Thrower (bought tickets for their 2015 Melb show but the drummer sadly passed away weeks before the gig :( )
Dissection

mastapimp

Reaction score
Didn't Devin do some SYL shows recently? Or play some SYL tunes somewhere?
For the last few years he's been playing a handful of songs, but not with the other SYL guys. Last one I remember was a livestream he did during the pandemic with Wes Hauch on guitar and 66Samus on drums.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Isis.

The other Aaron Turner projects don't come close for me, and while I like Chino's singing, Palms only put out one short album and it didn't quite scratch that itch either.

Edit because I posted before catching up: Oh fuck, I forgot about Nothingface! I was so excited when they put new demos out intthe Myspace days and then nothing ever came of it. And then Tom Maxwell joined Hellyeah and cashed in with the redneck cockrock and I can't really blame him. Still sad to see it though. And now I'm just finding out that Matt Holt died on 2017. Fuck.

Last edited:

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bryssling (guitarist/main songwriter) and Dennis (Vocals/formerly drums) are forming a new group with KC Howard (Decrepit Birth/Odious Mortem drummer). I forget the name of the project, but that will be one to watch for.

I'd also love a Severed Savior reunion with the Servile lineup.
Retromorphosis