If one band was to reunite, who would YOU choose?

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
So Pantera is reuniting with Phil, Rex and Zakk Wylde on guitar and Charlie Benante on drums next year, we all know that. Don't give me shit for another Pantera reunion thread.

What band would you love to see get back together even after the founding members has died?

Alice in Chains for an example, Jerry Cantrell and company have made it work after Layne Staley died. Hell even Dave Grohl can pull it off with a Nirvana reunion band and make big bucks.

One metal band that I would LOVE to see get back together with a new singer is NEVERMORE! Jeff Loomis is a beast of a guitar player and his true signature guitar musicianship is with Nevermore. It can happen, Warrel Dane can't be the only symphonic type metal singer out there.

Like who WOULDN'T want to see Jeff Loomis and Chris Broderick shred this sick shit live again? I'd LOVE to see a Nevermore reunion tour!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Yup, the vocalist from Seether would be perfect for the job!

That was a sweet cover!

Also, any Post Malone fans here? I love Post Malone, he was in a rock band before he got popular with his rap/hip hop music and he's a great guitar player too. Here he is covering the same song, but he's wearing Homer Simpson's fat guy dress :lol: great cover though!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Nevermore should stay dead and buried now that Warrel is gone. I can't imagine anyone else singing those songs tbh.

I completely disagree on this - I actually wouldn't mind a different take on the vocals. And it's not like the original versions would be going away anyway.

One band I really wish made a comeback would be Strapping Young Lad, but Devin doesn't wanna do it... I'm glad he's at least playing some of the songs live.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Nevermore should stay dead and buried now that Warrel is gone. I can't imagine anyone else singing those songs tbh.
Yep. Warrel wrote all the lyrics/vocals. Plus his voice was unique as hell. I'm 100000% fine with Nevermore staying dead.

Also while not broken up and not a full reunion, I'd like to see Chris DeGarmo rejoin Queensryche. It'll never happen because the dude seems to be enjoying his more private life now, but it would be cool to see him back in the fold. I'm fine with no Tate because I dig LaTorre's vocals.

I guess the only one I can really think of is Kyuss. All the important members are still alive.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score

Come on, be open-minded. The vocalist from Dream Theater or even Symphony X would nail those high notes that Warrel Dane did perfectly! Maybe even the singer from DragonForce that did Through the Fire and the Flames.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I would be 100% down with Nevermore doing what Nightwish did and getting a completely different style of vocalist. Loomis being a hired gun is one of the biggest crimes in metal right now. As much as Broderick is a monster player Steve Symth is a much better songwriter who worked so well with Loomis.

Necrophagist reforming so we can get the third album and I can see them live is an easy one.

Kiuas should have got more recognition than they got. Would loved to have got another album or two from them before the split.

Tracedawn are another Finnish band that I loved.

Lost Horizon dropped one of the best power metal albums in 2003 at a highpoint of the genre but nothing since.

Galder has been hinting at more Old Man’s Child for 10 years but nothing yet. Dimmu Borgir’s last album was a huge let down so hoping he’s been saving all his best riffs for a new OMC album.