I'm pursuing a career in art and music. Come look at my art.

• Thread starter rx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarneeraj

WindMarp
Reaction score
I'm no art critic and there's no doubts that you certainly have a good drawing hand, but the figures in drawing #1 seem to have too much of "chest" ? Atleast IMHO. Overall, good work !!!! :) :yesway:

rx

Reaction score
What the hell :eek: nice man, I literally thought the first one was done on a computer!

:eek: thanks! :eek:

Do you sell any of this or do work by commission?

the ones i posted were done for my portfolio - for future employment and graduate school admission, and also to submit to galleries :) i've never done commission work, but would love to. except i hate deadlines. it's done when it's done, dammit!!!!11 :mad: :p

I'm no art critic and there's no doubts that you certainly have a good drawing hand, but the figures in drawing #1 seem to have too much of "chest" ? Atleast IMHO. Overall, good work !!!! :) :yesway:

that's a woman :)

I'm influenced by renaissance-era art, and during that era, women were drawn with masculine features. i like to draw ripped women (ogodyes), so I thought, why not draw a figure that you can't tell is a male or female? it was supposed to be a male, and I even referenced my own body to draw it, but decided to give it tittays and make it a woman. ...but it's really up to the viewer to decide which gender that figure is, and by doing that, the piece may be interpreted in different ways. i was always interested in gender stereotypes, gender injustice, sexuality. :)

guitarneeraj

WindMarp
Reaction score
that's a woman :)

I'm influenced by renaissance-era art, and during that era, women were drawn with masculine features. i like to draw ripped women (ogodyes), so I thought, why not draw a figure that you can't tell is a male or female? it was supposed to be a male, and I even referenced my own body to draw it, but decided to give it tittays and make it a woman. ...but it's really up to the viewer to decide which gender that figure is, and by doing that, the piece may be interpreted in different ways. i was always interested in gender stereotypes, gender injustice, sexuality. :)

You definitely got that aspect in your work, I was genuinely confused whether it was supposed to be a male/female. :agreed:

Faine

Playing guitar.
Reaction score
That's some seriously awesome shit! You're very talented!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
:yesway:

Very, very, very impressive and excellent work. Your shading is some of the best I've seen. You're going places with that kind of technique and talent,for certain. :hbang:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2992493 said:
Looks like Tool meets H.R. Giger.

That's what I was thinking EXACTLY, and it's definitely a compliment as H.R. Giger and Alex Grey are two of my favorite artists! :wub: Absolutely EXCELLENT work man, put me in the "if you ever decide to sell some of your work, let me know!" column! I'd love some cool stuff to hang in my guitar room and the pieces in your OP are stellar! :D

rx

Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2992493 said:
Looks like Tool meets H.R. Giger.

That's what I was thinking EXACTLY, and it's definitely a compliment as H.R. Giger and Alex Grey are two of my favorite artists! :wub: Absolutely EXCELLENT work man, put me in the "if you ever decide to sell some of your work, let me know!" column! I'd love some cool stuff to hang in my guitar room and the pieces in your OP are stellar! :D

i get that comment often, but i don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. :\

I most definitely am influenced by H.R. Giger but I didn't even know about Alex Grey until after making my first piece in this style many years back. :scratch:

it doesn't help that most Tool fans are fanatics, so they're just gonna think I'm ripping off Alex Grey. :squint:

i'll definitely sell these, but after I display them at galleries. :)

thank you for the compliments :)

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Yeah, I love those pieces, please keep updating this thread as you make more. :yesway:

rx

Reaction score
here's the latest piece i'm working on. no, that is not a fro :squint:

:)

Attachments

• IMG172.jpg
    IMG172.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 14

rx

Reaction score
I would like to share some of my art with you.

these are all drawn with pencil ranging from 2B to 8B on Arches (printmaking/drawing) paper. each panel measures 30 X 42 inches.

here are my latest pieces

not yet titled

ecstasy.jpg

right panel:
Tenebrous Assimilation: Culling Into the Amalgamation of Identities
30" x 42"
pencil on paper

left panel:
Tenebrous Assimilation: The Desolation of the Physiognomy of Autonomy
30" x 42"
pencil on paper

desolationculling.jpg

Emancipation Proclamation: Chameleonic True Dual Nature
42" x 30"
pencil on paper

dual.jpg

I also made myself a bass based on the Warmoth Gecko neck. the body is an original design. all tone controls are located on the cavity cover on the rear.

bass.jpg

bass2.jpg

bass3.jpg

well that's it for now I guess.

UPDATED because the first post now has broken links and I can't edit it :mad: