I'm sure its just me...

• Thread starter G_3_3_k_
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
But I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of Super Strats. Like. At all really.

Anyone else see them and think, 'meh'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'd prefer other body styles, but there are many more important features for me that exclude a lot of options without going full custom, so I'll deal with it.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I don't hate them, but they're boring as fuck. Of course, I love dumb shapes like Schecter Avengers and most varieties of explorer. Super strats tend to be the most comfortable guitars to me, but I just don't like them.

sleewell

Reaction score
grew up playing strats so they feel pretty normal to me. i would agree they are comfortable but can get boring in the looks dept.

CM_X5

Reaction score
It's not only you, I find they only really look good because of the color/wood/parts on it but then it's kind of the perfect "blank canvas" in that regard.

akinari

Reaction score
I like everything except V shapes to be honest, which sucks because I've played some really killer ones that had great feeling necks and sounded amazing, but having to stand up every time I wanted to play it would be annoying. Some telecasters feel like planks, but I still love them.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I hated them until I played a Billy Corgan Strat while I was at a shop waiting to order a Jim Root Tele (~10 years ago). Since then the Stratocaster has become my overall favorite body (preferably with a satin finish).

I only have one proper Super-Strat guitar as I aim for diversity with my modest collection, but if I had to pick an overall favorite it’d be my So-Cal (modded to appear more Strat-like).

Dayn

Reaction score
Sometimes boring is good - it allows other things to shine. And it's difficult to go wrong.

But I'm preferring the body shapes on many headless designs. Well, the well-designed ones, at least. Not the 'quirky' random lump of wood with a stick attached.

Reaction score
Super strats are boring as fuck to me. I've seen some really nice ones but at the end of the day it's nice FOR a superstrat and not something I'd want.

That being said, I prefer big bodied guitars like MLs and wild shapes and Vs. If it's not big enough to rest on my leg while standing then I'm not all that interested

Latest posts