Incoming Kartakou Collosus

• Thread starter maggotspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maggotspawn

Reaction score

Just ordered a Kartakou Collosus preamp.
It's based on the 5150, clean channel seems improved. Ever since I sold my 6505+ I've been missing that grind.
I've been making do with the 5150 model in my GSP 1101. The GSP sounds great, but GAS hit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gmork

Reaction score
Ive hovered over the buy button many times on this. Very interested to hear your opinions since youve owned the real thing as well.

And yead mid sweep is one of the best contros that EVERY amp or preamp pedal should have

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Yep ! i seen his post else where and went to Reverb and bought one ! 15% off last weekend...couldnt pass up...looks pretty cool and I'm playing my rack more and more these days anyway..looking forward to getting it !

Mike

maggotspawn

Reaction score
I asked about running it with a Voodoo Lab
Control Switcher. He said he'll throw in an adapter for me. Should be killer.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Crazy! I was just looking at these yesterday. I want one to run into my 2-50-2. I love my rig but gas is setting in!

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same.
Mike, did yours ship yet? Mine says shipping label created, but it hasn't actually shipped.

Label created as well....I keep looking tho, I’ll keep ya posted tho

Mike

vick1000

Reaction score
I GASed for one for a year or so back before I went Axe FX. They are really well designed and look like solid builds, with real high current tube signal path, unlike a lot of competitor stuff. It was just such a risk for me back then, since they are imported here, and sort of unknown at the time.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Still the same status, but i ordered a pickup thru MF on the same night and it says pre shipment...both are coming USPS maybe the USPS isn't updating...ive had this before..it got here before the tracking was updated

Mike

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I GASed for one for a year or so back before I went Axe FX. They are really well designed and look like solid builds, with real high current tube signal path, unlike a lot of competitor stuff. It was just such a risk for me back then, since they are imported here, and sort of unknown at the time.

Yea Vick i had a Ax8 but someone offed me a price for it that i couldn't refuse..it sold yesterday. Might (will ) buy the Ax3, but I'm in my rack mode in the moment...i like having choices and different toys !

Btw Tom morris brought over a Atomic CLR yesterday to my warehouse, i like that speaker ! Mixed with the xitone it balanced out well...Tom has a Friedman incoming as well...we are in the same state ya have to stop buy...we have a lot of nice gear ! Im in PSL

Mike

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I want one of these for that mid sweep knob. A 5150 pre with that control sounds like a great idea

That’s one of the main mods that FJAMODs does. I have it on mine and it is awesome. Changes the whole character of the amp. I could even get it to sound like the Engl FB100 with those lower dark Mids (kind of like a Framus Dragon too). But then go right back to stock throaty 5150 toanz.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
i sent Vasili a message this morning , received a very quick reply back, answered all my questions...Vasili said sometimes there is a delay in Tracking...my tracking from my order from MF just updated this morning saying out for delivery...we are dealing with the USPS, i figured it will update when it hits the shores over here going thru customs ect....its my first order from overseas, so i kinda new it was going to be a experience !

Mike

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I almost ordered one yesterday. I hit pause though after I googled Russian VaT. How bad was the hit on that?

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I almost ordered one yesterday. I hit pause though after I googled Russian VaT. How bad was the hit on that?

i don't know, i hate what's going on now, i went to eBay going to buy a few things and prices went up..so i passed.

Im in the fishing business and our trade show iCast is when we will know the new prices...we have a lot of stock so well make more money on that but .....the wages are stagnate

Mike

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I just mean the customs fees. Are they gonna hold ya up for $72 when it hits the border? Or is it gonna just shoot right thru I hope.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I just mean the customs fees. Are they gonna hold ya up for $72 when it hits the border? Or is it gonna just shoot right thru I hope.

Ok my bad , i just was experiencing a little sticker shock while wanting to purchase a few things today...

I expect some sort of duty charge, it is what it is...

Mike

Latest posts