Incoming Kartakou Collosus

• Thread starter maggotspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The only rack preamp they do is the Detonator, IIRC. But since the Bogner XTC is essentially a Hot Rodded Marshall with more bells and whistles I guess it can work.

R&R does, though. It's called the DP13.
I meant one of the pedals they make. Apparently though, you have to order them from Russia, which... no thanks. (I don't have an issue with Russia exactly, but rather international shipping in general seems a bit of a mess.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I meant one of the pedals they make. Apparently though, you have to order them from Russia, which... no thanks. (I don't have an issue with Russia exactly, but rather international shipping in general seems a bit of a mess.)

Yup. That's exactly the reason I don't have a Beastbox. First you have to import it from Russia (330$ pedal + shipping + 25% VAT), and if anything goes wrong you have to:
a) Send it back to Russia and pay import taxes again after getting it repaired.
b) Get screwed because there are no schematics of his stuff and the pedals are entirely SMD. Good luck repairing them without the schematics.

Either way, they might do custom stuff (pedals), but the problem with shipping remains.

Last edited:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yup. That's exactly the reason I don't have a Beastbox. First you have to import it from Russia (330$ pedal + shipping + 25% VAT), and if anything goes wrong you have to:
a) Send it back to Russia and pay import taxes again after getting it repaired.
b) Get screwed because there are no schematics of his stuff and the pedals are entirely SMD. Good luck repairing them without the schematics.

Either way, they might do custom stuff (pedals), but the problem with shipping remains.
Yeah. I like some of the pedals even though it doesn't tell me what a lot of them are based on. I just wish they had American distributors like AMT.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Nice! I spoke with Vasili a few weeks ago and he seems to be working on an IR loader included version of the Beastbox. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! I spoke with Vasili a few weeks ago and he seems to be working on an IR loader included version of the Beastbox. I'm really looking forward to that one.

...Interest re-intensyfying...

Gmork

Reaction score
I really need to get a colossus already. Im sure it would sound good going through a mesa 50/50
but i wonder how itd compare to the real deal.

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
The Colossus sounds great going into my Peavey 60/60. Interestingly though, I can dial the GSP1101 5150 model to sound indistinguishable from the Colossus. Like, when A/Bing, you actually can't tell the difference.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I heard that about the ENGL patch in the 1101 and the e530, but I much prefer the Beastbox. I used the e530 and the 5150 patch for years and they work, but tubes always feels better and reacts more in a way I prefer.