Irish doctors FTW

• Thread starter msherman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
beer, eh?

my boss gets kidney stones every now and again - he got one once when i was at work last summer, took 2 days off for it. two bobless days.. :)

i'll have to recommend that one to him on monday. i wonder if he'll take me seriously :lol:

hopefully that shit is overwith soon :yesway:

and that doctor is cool.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, so that's where all the good Irish doctors are gone...

I see a Polish doctor. ;)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Last night before turning in for the night, I notice a dull pain in my right lower back. This morning, I was awarded the trophy of the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my life.

Now keep in mind that I have a very high tolerance for pain......been spit off of motorcycles at 140 mph, endured countless surgeries, won several state martial arts tournaments, even compound fractures. None compare to what I woke up with today.

We go to the local walk in clinic today. After some blood work, and urine testing... "Mr.Sherman, you have a kidney stone. We need to send you to the ER for a Cat Scan". They loaded me up with Morphine, and sent us to the ER.

The ER Doctor walks in the room and says with his heavy Irish accent, "Hurts like hell, doesn't`t it? So they must have sent you over for a CT, right?"

Look, lets simplify things for you. I get Kidney Stones myself, Mate.
I don`t need to jack your medical bills up and do a CT on you, to tell me what I already know.
You need to drink lots of fluids for the next few days until the stone passes."

He writes a script for pain killers, and says....." go home, take these, and do you drink beer?"

Why yes, I do.

"Drink a lot of beer tonight.....it relaxes the Kidneys, and will help pass the stone, and help with the pain":lol:

So are you giving me a prescription for Vicodin & Beer?

"Yes,Yes I am, Mate, says the doctor in his Irish accent:yesway:

By far the coolest doctor I ever crossed paths with:metal::yesway::bowdown:

:rofl: AWESOME! :D

Vicodin and red wine is a pretty awesome buzz too, um, not that I'd know. :D

Mike, this wasn't a MA area doctor by chance, was it? Or is this some guy in CT?

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
:rofl: AWESOME! :D

Vicodin and red wine is a pretty awesome buzz too, um, not that I'd know. :D

Mike, this wasn't a MA area doctor by chance, was it? Or is this some guy in CT?

He`s a Ct. emergency room doctor.
Actually, the beer made the pain worse (at least I think it did)
Kidney Stones Fucking SUCK!!!:noplease: