Ironic stem cell speech from Bush

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
TDW: As someone who had a year of Religious Studies with rabidly pro-life methodist chaplain, I've heard all the usual pro-life arguements. My feeling though, is that the mother is already alive, breathing and sentient wheras the foetus' status until it reaches a certain point is far more difficult to define. It's not that the foetus doesn't have rights, it's just that the mother has more.
While it's not something I'd personally want to be involved in, I'm a firm believer in a woman's right to choose.
Embryo's are no more a living person than a tumour, as Metal Ken rightly said, and how they can be argued for in the same way even a foetus is beyond me.
:lol: Read the aforementioned. Like I said, I can see the pro-lifers points, and I think they're somewhat legitimate, but I come down on exactly the same side you do, DR. You too, are preachinbg to the choir. :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
I can't wait for bush to go, and next election he has to, although i bet he tries to change the rules...

No fucking way that'll happen. That's a pretty major check on the power of the executive branch, and there's no way in hell it'd pass without widespread popular support and party support. To be perfectly honest, while I'm sure Bush would love another term (ok, part of me wants to believe even he wants out by now, but really now...), his party considers him a huge liability right now, and unless they make a staggering recovery before the 2006 midterms, not only will the GOP not have the majority needed to pass an amendment like that, they won't WANT to because they'll hold Bush responsible for the cateclysmic slide the GOP took under his administration.

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Saying that we shouldnt abort embryos that arent sentient because they're 'alive' means that we shouldnt be able to cut out tumors because they're 'alive' too.

Ok, ruining a perfectly funny thread with some seriousnes again.

There is no abortion necessary. The embryos are conceived and grown ex-utero.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I just love it when our politicians interject their own personal "moral" views in legislation. Even if the majority of the country oposes their decision. It's a good thing that Mr Bush is around to keep us straight. If it wasn't for him, we just wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.:fawk:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Hawksmoor said:
Ok, ruining a perfectly funny thread with some seriousnes again.

There is no abortion necessary. The embryos are conceived and grown ex-utero.

My view on Abortion still stands ;p

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Post Natal Abortion for the win!

"He was a fighter, but we took him down in the 54th Trimester! "

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Post Natal Abortion for the win!

"He was a fighter, but we took him down in the 54th Trimester! "

I know quite a few people who should be aborted even though they're 13! Don't even kid about that shit.

And I respect your views on abortion btw, even though I disagree.:yesway: