Is this what it costs to get good at guitar?

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I‘ve received an email from Giuseppe Gilardi on Saturday and I‘m at a loss for words. He got an online course called LMG (Learn Modern Guitar) and you basically apply for a slot. I got an email saying he opened 5 more slots in his program and for the first time he included the price. Apparently he normally charges €3000,- a MONTH and at the moment he got a special offer for ONLY €599,-. Am I the only one who finds those numbers completely mental or is that actually just a scam? Yeah you might get weekly reviews of the footage you post on the site but what?! Isn‘t a normal price for an only course like 40-60€ if it‘s subscription based? Is that what it costs to get good? Just want to hear everyone‘s thoughts on this.
IMG_6786.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried just learning Animals as Leaders riffs, and then repeating each over and over, muting the strings as you do it? I think it's going to get you 95% of the way there for free.
yeah I‘m not at that level yet but there‘re courses by tosin and javier on guitar messenger and those are 30€ and I think an upcoming one as well. I also have a teacher who is really good and lots of material from lessons with baxty.

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
local in person lessons are best. Start there.

The cost to get good at guitar is time.
Yeah atm I‘m taking lessons from Justin Hombach who now plays for alkaloid and eternitys end with christian münzner. those are zoom lessons but it‘s great. I also have the option to ask him anything or let him review some videos I send him at any time

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah atm I‘m taking lessons from Justin Hombach who now plays for alkaloid and eternitys end with christian münzner. those are zoom lessons but it‘s great. I also have the option to ask him anything or let him review some videos I send him at any time
Videos are not the same as in person. Next best though.

Having name cache doesnt mean a thing if their teaching style doesnt fit your learning style. Look into finding a local teacher anyway.

melomanic

Reaction score
All it takes to get better at guitar is to practice, it's not pay2win. Don't bite the marketing bait, OP. The information these folks are charging you large chunks of money for is freely available on the internet and has been for years. Learn how to teach yourself.

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Videos are not the same as in person. Next best though.
Yeah of course but I don‘t know a single good teacher in my region. I‘ve taken lessons as a kid in music school and I basically gabe him a song and he said yeah thats possible or no not possible and played power chords and that‘s it. No technique like alternate picking, legato, palm muting, bending, vibrato, etc. He showed me all of that once and never bothered to correct me or show me again. I just needed someone really good who could show me and really explain what I have to do. But yeah I agree in person would be better