Is this what it costs to get good at guitar?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
cant rush putting in the time :shrug:

2 years isnt long at all. If you’re sweeping now I’d be very curious to see how you’re handling fast chord changes.

Learn Jazz - then prog will come easy :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you’re sweeping now I’d be very curious to see how you’re handling fast chord changes.

Learn Jazz - then prog will come easy :yesway:
That‘s something I thought about trying and now that you say it I will. Do you have any good resources for jazz introduction lessons/courses or should I just do that with my teacher?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
yeah I‘m not at that level yet but there‘re courses by tosin and javier on guitar messenger and those are 30€ and I think an upcoming one as well. I also have a teacher who is really good and lots of material from lessons with baxty.
Just stay with Baxty and don't overthink it
dude lives like 15 minutes from my place, he's absolutely insane in the best posible way.

I've gathered some really good info and habits from Gilardi , but there is no way I would pay more than 80 bucks for online classes/courses

EliasFriedl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just stay with Baxty and don't overthink it
dude lives like 15 minutes from my place, he's absolutely insane in the best posible way.

I've gathered some really good info and habits from Gilardi , but there is no way I would pay more than 80 bucks for online classes/courses
I‘m with Justin Hombach for now I will surely take some more lessons from baxty at some point he really is crazy in the best possible way but it‘s just a lot easier for me as a european and also there‘s no language barrier. Some of the stuff baxty gave me was so hard I didn’t even manage to get it to the speed of the slowest jamtrack. The exercises are great though. He has those more complex patterns that really challenge you and bring you to the next level

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I just want to know how freaks like Mancuso or Max Ostro can become fucking freaks in only half a decade WHILE just making up their own playing techniques

show me where they live so I can eat them like grubs and absorb their rizz

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
When I was playing in a band that I was putting 1000% of my life into, we made friends with the singer of a semi-successful band. During a photoshoot, he came by and we talked for a bit, I asked him how they were able to get a budget for their upcoming tour and awesome looking music video without label support, without hesitating, he said "ask each one of your band members to give me $100 and I'll tell you know" from there, I knew lol.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend Rick Beato. He'll just interview you on your AOR hits.