Issue recording with Perfect Drums plugin

• Thread starter TacticalChihuahua
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalChihuahua

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all - figured I'd try my luck here since I've been lurking on these forums for a while...

I recently bought Perfect Drums as I wanted to start toying with programming drum tracks for my guitar recordings. I'm experimenting with different DAW options and am currently trying to use Waveform (free). In general I think I have the setup right, and I can see a waveform on the track I'm recording to when I send some drum inputs, but I can't get output from my headphones despite everything pointing to my default audio device (line 6 UX1). In short, I can't hear what I've recorded but I can hear the drums if I open the plugin from the master and not the track itself. Pretty niche issue I'm sure, but wondering if someone can point me in the right direction (or recommend a different DAW to try). If it matters, I don't have any kind of MIDI input - I'm literally just trying to click the drums in the plugin which I think Waveform considers a "virtual" input. Also including a screenshot of the interface/setup. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• waveform.PNG
    waveform.PNG
    225.5 KB · Views: 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.