Issues with Amplitude Metal

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Im trying to get some stuff down with Amplitude Metal at the moment, but im having issues with a MASSIVE delay when playing. Im using the Audio in socket on my soundcard, not MIDI, and i was wondering whether that would be it? The computer im using has 2Gig RAM, and a 2.6GHz dual core processor, so i dont think its that either... its annoying the hell outta me, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas why there would be that delay?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mat091285

Reaction score
try downloading asio4all and set the latency low as possible ... what is your sound card?

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Yeah dude, when ya can....kit yourself out with even the most basic of ASIO complliant soundcards. As long as it's got a decent hi-z input for your guitar, you'll be away. And you can probably get one for around a hundred bucks.

Solid investment :)

KholdStare

Reaction score
Yeah dude, when ya can....kit yourself out with even the most basic of ASIO complliant soundcards. As long as it's got a decent hi-z input for your guitar, you'll be away. And you can probably get one for around a hundred bucks.

Solid investment :)

Great words of wisdom from the great Chimp Spanner :D IMO, normal built-in audio
cards and gaming audio cards (like ones by creative) are useless if you want to
get a clear sound when recording. Get something like a Presonus Firebox, it'll go
a long way :yesway:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Great words of wisdom from the great Chimp Spanner :D IMO, normal built-in audio
cards and gaming audio cards (like ones by creative) are useless if you want to
get a clear sound when recording. Get something like a Presonus Firebox, it'll go
a long way :yesway:

Awesome as man, thanks heaps :hbang:

Reaction score
hi friends...i am currently using

Windows XP Media Center SP2
Intel 945 ASUS Chipset
1.24 GB RAM
2.93 Ghz Processor

I'm also using ASIO4ALL

when i open Amplitude Metal...the CPU Load goes uptil 96%...and i have to change to a normal patch in it...by normal i mean where Stomp is empty...just the AMP is used...when i put even a single pedal in stomp, the CPU Load reaches 96% again...
my Audio Settings are... ASIO...sample rate is 11025 and buffer is 128...plz help me!!!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Yeah, make sure your sample rate is 44.1K and check the latency between your interface and your cpu. Your interface should have a program that allows you to set your latency between that and your DAW.

Make sure your DAW settings are in sync with your interface settings.

My latency issues got solved by tweaking the settings between the DAW and the interface. Playing around with the values (not so much sample rate) and ASIO settings, I was able to get it up and running. So just really tweaking buffer sizes, latency timings etc should get your DAW responding well.

You didn't mention if AMPLITUBE is causing the issue, or if your DAW itself has latency recording a clean signal. If its Amplitube, reinstall the DLL, it might be corrupted or something. But if its your DAW giving you woes: tweak tweak tweak .....

Playing around with it for 2 and a half hours will finally yield some positive results.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
hi friends...i am currently using

Windows XP Media Center SP2
Intel 945 ASUS Chipset
1.24 GB RAM
2.93 Ghz Processor

I'm also using ASIO4ALL

when i open Amplitude Metal...the CPU Load goes uptil 96%...and i have to change to a normal patch in it...by normal i mean where Stomp is empty...just the AMP is used...when i put even a single pedal in stomp, the CPU Load reaches 96% again...
my Audio Settings are... ASIO...sample rate is 11025 and buffer is 128...plz help me!!!

I suspect you need an audio interface.
Grab a Firewire interface and use that for recording your guitar and you should get the latency down to very low, almost unnoticeable levels.

Reaction score
hi again...i use cakewalk sonar for recording...but i dont record while playing through amplitude...i record the guitar first and then add the amplitude plugins to it...is it the right way???...or should i record using the Stereo Mix option while playing the through amplitude...

anyway...when i play through amplitude(not for recording), my CPU load goes upto 96%...i guess it has nothing to do with cakewalk sonar...plz guys tell me the gud bit rate and buffer settings...also tell me abt the ASIO latency settings...plz help!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I generally play thru the VSTi for recording purposes. I find that adding it later gives a weird sound.

By the way, what interface are you using ? I haven't had much experience with the cards, but I know that the USB and Firewire interfaces have some good latency resolving techniques.

Reaction score
well i just plug in the guitar wire in the Line In Jack and open amplitude metal dats it...
and d same problem continues...tel me a solution to dis man!!!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure about the motherboard specs on that one with respect to the sound. You're better off buying a simple interface, unless someone else on the forum has some experience with sending signals directly to the onboard sound card.

Reaction score
hey rahul...dude m buyin a yamaha mg series analog mixer in about 10 days...will it prove to be a gud interface???...will it solve this problem or do i still need to upgrade my PC??