Jackson American Series

• Thread starter DaddleCecapitation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
It reminds me of those fake lime washed gray flooring panels all the new modular homes have these days. I don't mind it as a fretboard, but those floors are definitely played out.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
These are like 2700 usd aren’t they?
Dunno if you missed the price. They're 4700$

So... If this is a dumbed down USA Jackson at 4700 fucking dollars with korean trem, and a crappy case, yeah, I'm sure people will complain :lol:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I played an SL2MG today, the lambo color with a floyd.

Context: I didn't really like the SL3 that much, nor the virtuoso (many of the latter felt sort of dead), I'm also not a fan of floyds

Maybe I just played a good example, but it was incredible. Seems like they are moving in the right direction.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I played an SL2MG today, the lambo color with a floyd.

Context: I didn't really like the SL3 that much, nor the virtuoso (many of the latter felt sort of dead), I'm also not a fan of floyds

Maybe I just played a good example, but it was incredible. Seems like they are moving in the right direction.
They need to make the orange in a hard tail .

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys didn't read much past that message, did you? :lol:

You know, like literally the two next messages after that one :rofl:
Def didn’t but prices are all relative. The guitar is priced quite affordable compared to Jacksons other model so if the dude is mad about the guitar’s price in Australia I’m going to assume the top tier Jacksons are even crazier. The point being, this guitar is x% cheaper than the Jackson USA “custom shop” guitars which are like 5k minimum, right? I don’t know what a USA Juggernaut or Broderick costs in Australia so feel free to educate me if this is some outlier.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I think Jackson is on the right track, especially with these American SL2s.

I think they should start making some of their sigs in the American Series. An American series Juggernaut would be an instant hit. They could spec it exactly like the USA and still be significantly cheaper.

If anyone from Jackson is seeing this suggestion, you’re welcome, and feel free to send me one when you start doing the American series Juggernaut HT7…. lol 😂

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
I had to pick up strings today and decided to kick some tires while I was there and ohhh my goodness the slime green SL3 was a dream! Screaming fast neck, nice dark ebony board.. just zero complaints, even decently setup, it's got me looking at my RR3 wondering what I'd get for trade in :lol:..