Jackson/Charvel 2022 thread

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jackson needs to do something with the Fury series, right now it's either a Phil Demmel model or bust. Fuck that shit, make it in a black/white body, a bound blank board (or if you must do inlays, then Piranha or Fins), and that shit will be a proper challenge to an Explorer/EX series.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mastapimp

Reaction score
lmao the headstock on that loomis 7 looks like dogshit
Don't you own one of the charcoal custom WR7, like me? It's the same headstock! Just looks kinda weird in this instance and in the video.

For those wonder how the Loomis headstock SHOULD look. :lol:

Looks the same to me...just from a different camera angle. Also, when this video was posted in the "Loomis to Jackson" thread last year, just as many comments on the massive headstock then as there are now.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Don't you own one of the charcoal custom WR7, like me? It's the same headstock! Just looks kinda weird in this instance and in the video.

Even if it is the same size as on the WR7s (which I don't think is true), it doesn't look weird because the Warrior body is bigger and much pointier.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm wrong, the Loomis video does have the same headstock. Just looked better due to the angle. It's just not as massive as the old SLAT3-7 I was thinking of.

584382000186000-00-1600x1600.jpg

@jephjacques is correc though that the USA WR7 has a headstock that's a good inch or more shorter. The Loomis SL7 looks like the SLAT3-7 headstock, but narrower. Same length.

6f5a22a6898c8cc836a977296cb0ac9b.png

43904_Jackson_USA_Dave_Davidson_Warrior_WR7_Natural_J9829_2_grande.jpg

flv75

Reaction score
From Thomann, JS42 RR Ziricote

Attachments

• 425624626.png
    425624626.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 70

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson is lucky to have dealers like Randall.

Very lucky - a dealer that doesn't question manufacturing issues and puts it all on the customer, he's a manufacturer's wet dream.

Meanwhile - not posting the dealer or the group this was in (I'm sure there's members on this board that are in the group and have seen the post though). This is the shit Jackson is currently putting out:

270830435_278990124330959_152978016951064456_n.png

As a Master Builder, how do you not route a bridge properly and secondly, how do you let that out of the shop?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very lucky - a dealer that doesn't question manufacturing issues and puts it all on the customer, he's a manufacturer's wet dream.

I've had a few conversations with Randall and have visited Chondro a few times, I never got that impression, always seemed real about the state of Jackson/Charvel. :shrug:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a few conversations with Randall and have visited Chondro a few times, I never got that impression, always seemed real about the state of Jackson/Charvel. :shrug:

There was a very public falling out on FB between Randall and another dealer recently - the other dealer had been calling out massive QC issues with regards to Jackon's MIJ line, Randall got sick of that dealer complaining, blocked him, and then went of a bit of a tirade about the other dealer. There's a few dealer's that have publicly voiced issues with various Jackson lines and Randall hasn't been one of them, in fact he's doing the opposite.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a very public falling out on FB between Randall and another dealer recently - the other dealer had been calling out massive QC issues with regards to Jackon's MIJ line, Randall got sick of that dealer complaining, blocked him, and then went of a bit of a tirade about the other dealer. There's a few dealer's that have publicly voiced issues with various Jackson lines and Randall hasn't been one of them, in fact he's doing the opposite.

Fair enough.

I'm not on FB, so I tend to not be hip to the latest drama.

Without knowing who the other dealer was, I will say, things can get weird when folks' livelihood is involved. Dealers should be upfront with customers, it's good for business.

Well spot-on about "master builder" being a bullshit marketing title, regardless of Jackson and this particular guitar, etc.

It's a hold over from when you became a master craftsperson, and is still in use in a bunch of trades (master plumber, master electrician, master carpenter, etc.).

I think it's definitely used for marketing at FMIC, but the way I see it, if someone followed the apprentice process and/or reaches a level of experience and mastery they earned the title.

:2c:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Is the “speed neck profile” a new thinner neck profile? Charvels are typically like a “thicker C” as far as super strats go. Compared to like an Ibanez or the schecter SLS.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I'm not on FB, so I tend to not be hip to the latest drama.

Without knowing who the other dealer was, I will say, things can get weird when folks' livelihood is involved. Dealers should be upfront with customers, it's good for business.

It's a hold over from when you became a master craftsperson, and is still in use in a bunch of trades (master plumber, master electrician, master carpenter, etc.).

I think it's definitely used for marketing at FMIC, but the way I see it, if someone followed the apprentice process and/or reaches a level of experience and mastery they earned the title.

:2c:

But I feel like whenever you make a 23 fret guitar, you should be put on some sort of probationary period. Like sure, you were an apprentice, but clearly you didn't really pay attention during the "count the number of frets" lesson.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
You talking about how he went off on nick from axe palace and kicked him out of his group?
nick was also trying to sell his own inventory in randall's group, so that probably pissed him off.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That Charvel Jake E Lee is cool. I also like this one in particular, probably more for sentimental reasons than anything. The first guitar I actually bought myself back in 2002 was a MIM Fender Strat HH with a FR and it looked exactly like this. It was kind of a turd and the FR was a cheap POS. The previous owner gave it a JB/59 Zebra set. I could definitely dig it with all the more modern Charvel features, 12-16” radius, satin neck, rolled fingerboard edges, and better 1000 series FR.

upload_2022-1-26_9-57-22.jpeg