Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not normally a fan of matt colours but that olive drab hardtail is doing things to me.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
You can buy the Cammo Rhoads 7 already as part of the Concept Series, which *is* MIK:

I slightly prefer the dark camo on the one Mark has. Trust me, I've been eyeing the Concept Rhoads since it was released :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Perge

Reaction score
I slightly prefer the dark camo on the one Mark has. Trust me, I've been eyeing the Concept Rhoads since it was released :lol:
The wood camo, hoping they finally go SS on the fret wire with all the new pro series getting the treatment. Can't wait to see these hit shelves

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve had my eye on those, too. And the Mark H. Black and gold one. But I have a couple 7 string Vs, so I really don’t need more. But I’ll be damned if those aren’t two of the sexiest 7 strings on the market now.

xzacx

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand people not wanting it on historically accurate Gibsons and stuff, but there's no reason not to use it on everything else.
I'm pretty sure the reason is that it's more expensive.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I guess they don’t dye the ebony boards anymore in this 2k price range? The old SL27 had evenly dyed black boards.

I noticed this trend with LTDs and EIIs in the same price range.

View attachment 140289

Idk about you but the color of it isn't a huge deal to me. I actually think it looks kind of cool being able to see the wood pattern on it.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Question for the Jacksophiles or those who may have the info: How are the JS series guitars you've played?

My more recent playing experiences with the lower import Jacksons has been pretty bad, but I haven't played any of these. I want a V to experiment with, and the JS32 Rhoads looks like one of cheapest and most immediately available options.

I wouldn't be expecting greatness, but I would rather skip it if the guitar won't be more than simply functional. "Good for what it is" or slightly above average would be nice.

tian

Reaction score
Question for the Jacksophiles or those who may have the info: How are the JS series guitars you've played?

My more recent playing experiences with the lower import Jacksons has been pretty bad, but I haven't played any of these. I want a V to experiment with, and the JS32 Rhoads looks like one of cheapest and most immediately available options.

I wouldn't be expecting greatness, but I would rather skip it if the guitar won't be more than simply functional. "Good for what it is" or slightly above average would be nice.
Cheap bodies, cheap hardware but really good necks which is the main contact point so I feel like that makes up for the other shortcomings.

I was in the same exact boat and considering a JS Rhoads or Warrior but when I went into a Guitar Center to try out some guitars, I pulled a JS22 off the wall with stainless steel frets for reasons I still don't understand so that's what I went home with. There's no denying it feels like a cheap guitar but it also feels great to play and is a great workhorse. I had a spare nut lying around so I dropped that in and liked the guitar enough to replace the garbage tuners with a set of locking ones.

Plus you get sharkfins and binding which is more than most new Jacksons can say without spending a fortune lol.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
There's finally a seller out there that's received one of the Concept Series RR24 FR H guitars and put up some pics of it. Looks sick. I've already got a few replacement parts ready to throw in it when I order one.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Wow these American SL2s with hardtails are calling to me. As soon as they make this as a Dinky I won’t have a choice but to get one.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

I wouldn't bother with anything less than the X series, ideally the Pro series if you can find one for a good deal; my Jackson MT Pro was a slick player, damn near thinnest neck I've ever played next to my Parker, but as always just felt like "more guitar" than I needed.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a JS32 7 stringer with the natural finish quilt top. Was a nice looking guitar. Neck was fine. No real issues with it. Once you'd been playing it a while it felt fine, but whenever you picked it up after having played something else, it felt cheap.
That could have been down to the satin neck and fret ends though, both of which you could sort.
I still threw a Nazgul in it and recorded some tracks with my band so it wasn't terrible.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Stoked about the hipshot, they are so close... now release the hardtail single hum daddy J.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I've not mentioned the Vogg Fury for at least ten minutes.
I need more info!
As mentioned, there's been no signature models released this year. Mike Stringer and Lee Malia are on the list as well. Would be good to see some leftfield instruments from Jackson.