Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
i wish, it seems like the days of 24.75 shredders is gone unless your name is Caparison or ESP Maverick
Used Tom Anderson shortys go for peanuts bc the people who ordered them in the first place were missing the self awareness that nobody wants a 24.75 shredder

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Used Tom Anderson shortys go for peanuts bc the people who ordered them in the first place were missing the self awareness that nobody wants a 24.75 shredder
Exactly. I mean I can understand the slinkier feel of the shorter scale but you have to have stick fingers to shred on it. I can't imagine a 24.75" scale guitar with something crazy like 27 frets. You can't even fit your fingers there. A 27" scale gives me the perfect space for playing high up the fretboard.

jco5055

Reaction score
though the Lil'Angels seem somewhat popular, and I don't think those would go used for pennies

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
though the Lil'Angels seem somewhat popular, and I don't think those would go used for pennies
I've seen them sell for 500+ less than the standard length equivalents, after more price drops and a longer time listed. Selling used customs is always a gamble, but making sure you have specs people actually want will increase your odds.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i can't believe they sell those new USA in soft bag...I'd rather find a old USA or MIJ used....
I actually bought one of those foam cases - they're better than you think - but I still don't disagree with the notion of buying used.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Finally doing a 24-fret So Cal/San Dimas without Guthrie's name on it.

2926433503_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

Also only $1700 which surprises me. Actually cheaper than the Concept Jacksons.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. I have short sausage fingers and I find sweeping on a 24.75 to be optimal for big stretches. I'll have to find one of these Tom A's!!!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I will never understand people who custom order a Jackson without the MOP sharkfins. Isn't that the purpose of a Jackson? A vehicle for MOP sharkfin inlay? I also am suspicious of anyone ordering a Jackson without the pointy headstock, but I can understand not doing so if there's no locking nut.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I will never understand people who custom order a Jackson without the MOP sharkfins. Isn't that the purpose of a Jackson? A vehicle for MOP sharkfin inlay? I also am suspicious of anyone ordering a Jackson without the pointy headstock, but I can understand not doing so if there's no locking nut.
Thats what happens when you get someone on board that isn't a weirdo Jackson purist lol

She was using Gibson and ESPs, but it seems like Jackson really wanted her on board so they just made her an ESP Eclipse under the Jackson name.

Have no clue who this is but the guitars are kinda sick.

Diamond Rose from Tetrarch. She's not a super virtuoso shredder but she still rips.

xzacx

Reaction score

But then again, who would order one without a locking nut?

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you get someone on board that isn't a weirdo Jackson purist lol

She was using Gibson and ESPs, but it seems like Jackson really wanted her on board so they just made her an ESP Eclipse under the Jackson name.

Diamond Rose from Tetrarch. She's not a super virtuoso shredder but she still rips

God I hate that headstock. Someone needs to write a bill to outlaw it.

Latest posts