Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Fair. That headstock sucks wildly too.
I do wish it had the Sweetone headstock like the Sleep Token custom has.

409115183_182779031524934_3758328300585491703_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I remember there was the Soloist ATT but that was set neck?
Soloist Jr was neckthrough I think. IIRC it had a bound neck, maybe reverse sharkfins, and was H-S.

Yeah, here's one:

Moongrum

Reaction score
This one's interesting too

2917699893_jac_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Im surprised they didn't do this under the Fender banner. But nah, a Jackson sig bass for a high-profile pop producer, music director, and live band director

The old-school logo looks great too
Really unexpected, but I definitely dig it. I wonder if Fender wants to widen the appeal of Jackson, like what Fender started doing a couple years back by giving signatures to a variety of newer/relevant artists.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Really unexpected, but I definitely dig it. I wonder if Fender wants to widen the appeal of Jackson, like what Fender started doing a couple years back by giving signatures to a variety of newer/relevant artists.

This is dope. I'm not wild about a 34" scale 5er knowing how heavy I'd have to go on string gauges, but I'm still interested in it on the used market in the future. I think I'd also like the pickguard to have a touch more cream/mocha color to darken the shade a step or two, but now I'm just splitting hairs.

Edit: neck joint is kinda lame too. Prefer the rounded aanj style.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

They've been trying to pump up the image of Jackson and Charvel basses the last few years, as they see it as a way of moving less vintage/more contemporary stuff without making changes to the current Fender product lines.

Moving Frank Bello from Fender/Squier to Charvel is another example of brand engineering.

I'm all for it though, as they've been pumping out some cool stuff.

neurosis

Reaction score
That 27 fret Jackson looks almost the same as last year's Ibanez RGA, also with 27 frets. Are they contracting the same factories?

How do you all feel about Pau Ferro? The red Charvel San Dimas is calling my name but I have no idea what that wood feels like or how easy it is for maintenance.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They've been trying to pump up the image of Jackson and Charvel basses the last few years, as they see it as a way of moving less vintage/more contemporary stuff without making changes to the current Fender product lines.

Moving Frank Bello from Fender/Squier to Charvel is another example of brand engineering.

I'm all for it though, as they've been pumping out some cool stuff.
Yeah all the Charvel basses are sick as hell. Sound great and feel great. Hoping they do a Sleep Token sig (minus all the corny inlays) because a 35" 4 string would be sick.
fj8tbkwu4o2c1.jpg

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That 27 fret Jackson looks almost the same as last year's Ibanez RGA, also with 27 frets. Are they contracting the same factories?

How do you all feel about Pau Ferro? The red Charvel San Dimas is calling my name but I have no idea what that wood feels like or how easy it is for maintenance.

Nah, that RGA is a Prestige, so MIJ. The Jackson one is made in Korea.

I've seen Pau Ferro on both super low-end guitars and also high-end ones like Suhrs, so apparently it has a better reputation than laurel. I've never played a guitar with it, though.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah all the Charvel basses are sick as hell. Sound great and feel great. Hoping they do a Sleep Token sig (minus all the corny inlays) because a 35" 4 string would be sick.
fj8tbkwu4o2c1.jpg

I wonder what preamp is in this and if it's the same as the pro mod basses. I test drove a couple and found the preamp to be pretty noisy.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That thing is goofy as fuck and I love it. :lol:
Man I'd love it if it wasn't for the red Sleep Token logo. The question mark inlay is corny but I could deal with it. I can't do both.
I wonder what preamp is in this and if it's the same as the pro mod basses. I test drove a couple and found the preamp to be pretty noisy.
Yeah I'm not sure either. Dude shared the specs for the bass but didn't say anything about the preamp.
iiis-new-charvel-bass-v0-g0g9fz1v4o2c1.jpg