Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
We got the same dilemna ;). The evh is a bit more original, and the neck is reliced too. Not sure about the charvel's one.

I already have the 78 Eruption and Frankenstein relics… so not sure if I want to complete the look or go slightly different.

Sigh.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I already have the 78 Eruption and Frankenstein relics… so not sure if I want to complete the look or go slightly different.

Sigh.
Whats the point of having 3 almost identical guitars? I never understood the collector mentality with guitars. They are just instruments to be played. Well, hopefully played and played often.

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Whats the point of having 3 almost identical guitars? I never under the collector mentality with guitars. They are just instruments to be played. Well, hopefully played and played often.

I currently keep two of one guitar and and have a twin of another guitar on order, so two pairs, almost strictly because I like them in a certain tangible way and guitars with similar specs and/or quality are extremely difficult to find. For other folks maybe it's fun for similar, but unique, basis. I also think everyone should have a backup guitar, and for most folks it probably makes sense to get some variety. Especially if they don't predicate their choice on obscure or niche specifications. I know exactly what I like and that's the highest priority for me since guitars ain't cheap. I've had six or seven of the same guitar, at one single point I had three of them. It's fun to swap pickups around as well while having consistency between instruments otherwise.

As far as curating large collections, it's a total labor of love and having all variations of a model can be an accomplishment. Having more than three completely identical guitars doesn't make sense to me at all either way, but a back up here and there totally does.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Whats the point of having 3 almost identical guitars? I never understood the collector mentality with guitars. They are just instruments to be played. Well, hopefully played and played often.

I don't get it either. I have tons of guitars and make it a point to have no full twins, although some are brothers.

One example is my two Charvel 475s, one that I bought 2 years after new and one that I bought maybe 7 yrs ago.

My O.G. pearl black 475 is still 100% bone stock (OK other than having 4 Callaham springs) and I've always loved the way the stock J50BC/J200/J200 +JE1200 midboost sound in that guitar. Just restrung it with 10-46 NYXLs today whilst watching the F1 race.

For the new kid 475 Exotic (flamed maple cherry burst), I swapped in a Parallel Axis Distortion and 2 × PA stacks, EMG SPC to replace the deceased original midboost, bypassed the tone control, a fat titanium block and use 10-46 ProSteel strings. It has a totally different feel and sonic personality and although both are amazing.

Last edited:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I've disliked that shape every time I've seen it but with a solid colour it reminds me of an RGD, in a good way.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I've disliked that shape every time I've seen it but with a solid colour it reminds me of an RGD, in a good way.
It is acutally more RG like in that the horns are less rounded than the production DK Moderns.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Anyone see this for the guitarist of Jinjer?
DK Modern body shape but made in USA. Stunning colour. Probably nothing new but I’d not seen it before.

Yeah. I agree, definitely a lot of Music Man JP XI vibes in those bevels. Even the SL27 Concept series have that JP bevels and even the control layout is like his Ibanez JPM.