Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The king kelly looks cool but I think I'm done with buying brand new import guitar. +2k....
The thing about the pricing...You don't ever have to pay that. A bunch of retailers just mark brand new guitars "used" and sell the $1900-2000 stuff for ~$1300. Now is a MIK guitar worth $1300? I dunno. 9/10 times unless the guitar is a super hot seller you can pick up a phone or message somebody on reverb and get a discount.

Higher prices are here to stay, like you suggest it might be worth just waiting and getting something used.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
IMG_9095.jpeg

Impulse buy. But not really worth doing an NGD Thread. Got to acquire a Concept Series SL27. Top-notch quality. Stainless steel frets sold me on this one and the neon yellow pops!

It was hard to find one with a fretboard that didnt have brown streaks. This has uniformly black ebony and seller offered me a good price for it so I jumped on the deal. Neck profile seems to be thinner than my other Soloists. Probably a speed king v profile.

I have yet to get used to this version of Seymour Duncan Distortion. It has different poles than the regular SH TB6. It sounds like it made the Distortion a bit tighter and brighter. It also seem to add a bit more low mids in the mix. Not the Distortion sound I am used to.

Would probably get a neon yellow Invader down the line. 😬

These Korean WMI Jacksons are well made. While the old Wildcard series SL27 had locking Gotoh tuners, DiMarzios, and an original Floyd, I think having stainless steel frets, black hardware, and Duncan pickups is the better deal. Floyd 1000 stays in tune great anyway.

IMG_9097.jpegIMG_9099.jpegIMG_9098.jpeg

Last edited:

jahosy

Reaction score
View attachment 142828

Impulse buy. But not really worth doing an NGD Thread. Got to acquire a Concept Series SL27. Top-notch quality. Stainless steel frets sold me on this one and the neon yellow pops!

It was hard to find one with a fretboard that didnt have brown streaks. This has uniformly black ebony and seller offered me a good price for it so I jumped on the deal. Neck profile seems to be thinner than my other Soloists. Probably a speed king v profile.

I have yet to get used to this version of Seymour Duncan Distortion. It has different poles than the regular SH TB6. It sounds like it made the Distortion a bit tighter and brighter. It also seem to add a bit more low mids in the mix. Not the Distortion sound I am used to.

Would probably get a neon yellow Invader down the line. 😬

These Korean WMI Jacksons are well made. While the old Wildcard series SL27 had locking Gotoh tuners, DiMarzios, and an original Floyd, I think having stainless steel frets, black hardware, and Duncan pickups is the better deal. Floyd 1000 stays in tune great anyway.

View attachment 142829View attachment 142830View attachment 142831
Nice score man! I had the wildcard SL27EX, and it has standard Jackson tuners, not locking gotohs.