Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Force, don't you have an SDX too? Am I mistaking that?

Yes I do but I don't class it as an X Series because it's an awesome axe :lol: I like to stock p'ups too. The only issue is the common E1 string slipping off the board, beyond that, it's amazing (but so is Adrian Smith).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Anyways, here's my p.o.s. RR24 with a BKP Painkiller.

Had a white RR24M this summer. The axe was killer. Mine was with an EMG-85 in the bridge, don't like EMG's in particular, but it was good fit for the guitar. Anyway, hope the Painkiller fits it great.

Btw, here is the pic of my RR24M (sold it to a friend of mine, too good guitar to be sold to someone else, haha)

And two more of my past Jacksons, both are Japanese RR's too (Kevin Bond and Stars RR TN-02):

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
You think your RR24 is a P.O.S? :scratch: Please explain...................

Well mine has seen a lot of abuse over the last 8 years or so lol. I frequently go over the whole finish with some steel wool to keep it smooth, mainly for the neck feel, but also to keep it from getting that yellow tint but it obviously doesn't look as glossy now. Also, the frets being nickel, I've worn some pretty good grooves into it. I've been planning on getting a stainless steel refret but I don't want to drop the money on it right now. The grooves in the frets really just bother me though because of how it could sound. It annoys me that I paid 1400USD for it and it has nickel frets.

Had a white RR24M this summer. The axe was killer. Mine was with an EMG-85 in the bridge, don't like EMG's in particular, but it was good fit for the guitar. Anyway, hope the Painkiller fits it great.

Btw, here is the pic of my RR24M (sold it to a friend of mine, too good guitar to be sold to someone else, haha)

I had an EMG-81 in it stock of course, and it sounded fine, but still, it was that typical EMG sound... I prefer that percussive quality of passive pickups and the painkiller fits the guitar really well imo. Also, I've always heard good things about the 85 in bridge position so I really want to try a guitar like that.

I'm debating on getting an RR24M, but they're so hard to find now, at least for a fair price.

Reaction score
Decided to find pics of all my Jackson Rhoads's, and here they are, my previous and current Jackson RR's:

Currently using green Kevin Bond and white Professional. Pretty much my favourite guitars over all, probably I'll never sell 'em. =)

eoinbmorg

Reaction score
I've got parts for a jackson partscaster coming in:

Cool Jackson Dinky Electric Guitar Body DXMG T Black Stringthrough Bridge | eBay
2013 Jackson Dinky Guitar Shark Inlays Bound Neck Rosewood Board Project Mint | eBay
New Genuine Schaller 1456 Stud Mount Fine Tuning Guitar Bridge Tailpiece Black | eBay

plus more stuff that I havn't settled on yet. I'm planning on stripping the headstock and leaving it natural, as well as filling the body holes and refinishing in either light blue or another color. All black hardware with possibly a zebra SH-4 JB in the bridge. Not sure if I will go dual hum or H-S and fill the neck cavity. Will probably drop a new tusq nut in there too to help with the string break angle.

Did I do gud? This is going to be my hardtail budget version of the San Dimas :hbang:

This is 100% going to get the ladies next semester.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the mobile so i cant see the sticker but it looks like a JS neck, white binding instead of ivoroid. The heel might not fit in th DX pocket without modding.

These necks are nice though, they have the speed profile

eoinbmorg

Reaction score
I'm on the mobile so i cant see the sticker but it looks like a JS neck, white binding instead of ivoroid. The heel might not fit in th DX pocket without modding.

These necks are nice though, they have the speed profile

Thanks for the heads up. My alternative was building from scratch, so I can break out the files and shape it to fit. Thought I understood they were both from dinky bodies from the X series and therefor should fit.

edit: scratch that, it's off a DKA body.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
I think you'll find it's a JS series, the current pro series don't have binding and sharkfin inlays.

What's the sticker say, India or Mexico?

Rossness

D A D F# A E
Reaction score
IMG_3782_zps11683f45.png

IMG_3778_zps9d05917a.jpg

IMG_4296_zps372d7169.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
A lot more Rhoads owners in here than I thought. Maybe you guys can relate to me on this then.

I've been playing my Rhoads for years now and because of that it's hard for me to actually play other shapes outside of V's and offset V's because I'm used to the comfort that they bring with holding the neck more upright when I play, as a classical guitarist would basically. When I have a guitar that is a standard shape like a les paul or strat style or anything like that it feels strange to me having the neck parallel to the floor. I can still play like that, although it's not nearly as comfortable as being able to hold the guitar upright.

Sometimes for instance, I will see a soloist that I think looks like a great guitar and it probably is, but if I try to hold it upright it feels strange to me usually. Because there is more wood beneath the bridge than my Rhoads it causes the guitars neck to be too far up when I play like that, or the input jack is in the way or something.

I know this is just personal preference and I could perhaps learn to love other shapes, but I've been using my RR24 for so long that most other body shapes just feel odd to me and if I'm comfortable with what I already have then I see no reason to change it.

Latest posts