Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Marked Man

Reaction score
Some of the lower Hanneman models have freestyle inlays above the 12th fret don't they.

Yeah, but the Hannemans are ok IMO. Some of the USA Hannemans have the original graphic all the way down, just smaller and smaller as the space between frets decrease.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Whoops, over the last month plus or so I ended up with 3 MIJ Jackson's (on top of the Jackson Stars I bought a couple months ago). I kind of like KV's.. so I may have a problem here.

22 fret Grover Jackson, pearl white with top mount Schaller. I did put a late 80's/early 90's JB in it. Pictured with my pair of KV2's.
IMG_3145.jpeg
Grover Jackson Mustaine (gold truss rod cover) and a Jackson Pro Mustaine (I put another 90's JB in the GJ and a previous owner put a early 2000's JB in the Pro).
IMG_3317.jpeg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I missed out on two guitars I really wanted this week, had me thinking of selling some other things to raise cash. Remembered I already had taken photos of this CS Jackson back when it still had the 81s in it... dug them up.... shit... don't think I can sell:

37968802256_82e0b06c86_k.jpg
37968806636_92d1cede31_k.jpg
26246254809_94276b9e1d_k.jpg
26246237049_57e8502bcf_k.jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

Decapitated

Loser
Reaction score
Whoops, over the last month plus or so I ended up with 3 MIJ Jackson's (on top of the Jackson Stars I bought a couple months ago). I kind of like KV's.. so I may have a problem here.

22 fret Grover Jackson, pearl white with top mount Schaller. I did put a late 80's/early 90's JB in it. Pictured with my pair of KV2's.
View attachment 130919
Grover Jackson Mustaine (gold truss rod cover) and a Jackson Pro Mustaine (I put another 90's JB in the GJ and a previous owner put a early 2000's JB in the Pro).
View attachment 130918
Nice!

Decapitated

Loser
Reaction score

View attachment 130919
View attachment 130918
Love it. Tell me more about your LX II Axe FX 3 combo. Had that on my radar for a while.

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I missed out on two guitars I really wanted this week, had me thinking of selling some other things to raise cash. Remembered I already had taken photos of this CS Jackson back when it still had the 81s in it... dug them up.... shit... don't think I can sell:

View attachment 131094
View attachment 131095
View attachment 131096
View attachment 131097

I wouldn't be able to sell that either, but if you change your mind let me know so I can buy it off you and never sell it lol.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to sell that either, but if you change your mind let me know so I can buy it off you and never sell it lol.
I may. I took another warrior out today to sell after making up my mind to not sell this one, and I looked at that one and said, fuck, I don't want to sell that one either. Just listed 3 other things, but we'll see how it goes.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Finally found a San Dimas reissue with exactly the specs of my preference. I got it loaded with Duncan Parallel Axis pickup, which is quite an interesting acquaintance - though not quite trebly enough in this guitar. Both of these axes have quite a dark natural tone, acoustically loud, too. The crackle is an '87 original and the Charvel is '05. Very similar, except Jackson weighs about a kg more somehow :)
Tried to put an EMG81 in the Charvel but alas, the route is too small. Went with Duncan Custom instead, but that kind of quirk confirms it's a genuine CS J/C

IMG_20230925_120957.jpg

yan12

Reaction score
I love that crackle...I have the exact match to it but it is a Schecter USA.

One of my favorite schemes is the black and white.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Got my SL3 back today
now it has an OFR (german stamped)
Duncan Custom5
Duncan Classic Stack +
Duncan 1/4 pounder
push/pull pot to split the Custom5
Sounds so much better than the stock pickups and the floyd just feels so much smoother.
before/stock
before.jpg

After
after1.jpg

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
Just bought a SLSMG and the neck profile is something I've never had in a Jackson. It is the first(?) model with active Emg's and it was a old NGD here that stated that this model has a thicker neck than the ones with Emg Hz's.

So the neck is kind of thick, maybe sligtly more C profile than a usual jackson soloist neck. First impression was like yeah, maybe not my thing but I really want to like it and after playing it's propably gonna grow on me. The craftmanship of this guitar is really good. Nice dark ebony board close to my 90's soloist pro and the binding is really nice, piranhas are a nice change to sharks in the arsenal.

The neck is kinda close to a ec1000 i had, but slightly wider I suppose. Gonna post pics when I have new pickups and all.

Anyone here have opinions on the neck etc. on these bad boys?

iff

Reaction score
If the specs are to be believed, the SLSMG is meant to have one of their thinnest neck profiles (3rd Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”), even thinner than the "speed" profile. Might need to get some callipers and check. See, e.g., page 30 of this catalog:

https://downloads.ctfassets.net/4jc...daa01355d4e4f8908971/Jackson-2006-catalog.pdf

It's been years since I played one, but I remember the few I tried having thicker necks compared to most Jacksons. Same with the DKMG I played recently, actually.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
If the specs are to be believed, the SLSMG is meant to have one of their thinnest neck profiles (3rd Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”), even thinner than the "speed" profile. Might need to get some callipers and check. See, e.g., page 30 of this catalog:

https://downloads.ctfassets.net/4jc...daa01355d4e4f8908971/Jackson-2006-catalog.pdf
Don't know, weird. It definitely has a thick neck in terms of a jackson and has more shoulders than any jackson neck I've ever had. I should measure the thing...

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
It's been years since I played one, but I remember the few I tried having thicker necks compared to most Jacksons. Same with the DKMG I played recently, actually.
Maybe the MG series had thicker neck for some reason. My first real guitar was a Dkmgt and can't really remember the profile. Would be interesting to try the slsmg with Hz pickups if it's true that those have thinner necks.

DimMak

Reaction score
1991 USA soloist (yellow), 1995 Soloist Professional XL (Chushin Ghakki factory, Black).
Been craving some 90s Jackson for awhile after selling my '90 Warrior pro a long time ago (huge mistake).

Looking at rebuilding the Schaller on the XL, its kind of scungy, the bar is loose where it attaches to the plate and its all the way tight. New stainless steel parts or should I just get a whole new Schaller? Theres no way I can fit a OG Floyd in this cavity correct?

Also I think the Blackouts in the XL need to go, not really an active guy. The USA had a J50bc and two of the single coils not sure which ones. J50bc sounds great but wanted to try and SD Parallel Axis and some Dimarzio Choppers, I don't like the looks of mixing brands but they sounds really good.

Anyone know the truss rod nut size on the XL? The wrench I have doesn't fit, ordered a 7mm so well see if that works.

Attachments

• 20231013_021146.jpg
    20231013_021146.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 20231013_172144.jpg
    20231013_172144.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • XLincase.jpg
    XLincase.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

DimMak

Reaction score
W
Got my SL3 back today
now it has an OFR (german stamped)
Duncan Custom5
Duncan Classic Stack +
Duncan 1/4 pounder
push/pull pot to split the Custom5
Sounds so much better than the stock pickups and the floyd just feels so much smoother.
before/stock
View attachment 131720

After
View attachment 131721
What do you think of each of those pickups? Ive been looking at those 2 single coils myself. Custom 5 always seemed interesting too. Sweet guitar.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
W

What do you think of each of those pickups? Ive been looking at those 2 single coils myself. Custom 5 always seemed interesting too. Sweet guitar.
I've got the classic stack + and the 1/4 pounder combo in a couple of other H/s/s guitars that I gig with. they are not "metal" pickups but they give me a lot of variety in tones.
the distortion that it came with actually sounded pretty good but didn't clean up well at all (no surprise). I had the Custom 5 in a another guitar that I sold a while ago and liked it in that one
so I figured I'd give it a try. so far I like it , it splits pretty well.
We go from Pat Travers to Night Ranger to J Geils to INXS to the Fixx to Genesis to Van Halen, to REO Speedwagon to SRV to Allman Brothers to Black Crowes to Skynrd to Aerosmith
I bring my Les Paul and 1 floyded H/s/s. the H/S/S needs to cover the heavier stuff and the "strat" tones, this combo does a pretty good job.