Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Dahlius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson do love to variegate stuff in mystifying ways though. The Heylmun Rhoads would be a slam dunk Alexi-style 7 (desirable for many on this board I'm sure) if not for the lack of binding and inlays.
Seems they finally listened to reason and released this beauty

JACK291-6679-50301__32185.170559.jpg

the catch? $2k and it's made in Korea

Marked Man

Reaction score
In my journey to collect MIJ superstrats I recently got this Jackson Stars SL-J1.
I have never tried an USA made soloist but I don´t think one could tell much difference qualitywise between this and a Jackson SL2H.

There´s not much to say besides the usual Soloist specs. I mainly got it due the MOP inlays and logo, as well as bound ebony fingerboard.

I feel the same way, although I still want to get a USA Soloist one day. That is an Alpha Soloist you have! I'm very open to getting a Stars Soloist and King V in black.

I don't know the full history, but I know the late '80s/early '90s Soloists were fully on par with USAs, although perhaps the USAs had a slight edge on average. I've only played one USA Soloist (at Guitar Center aka Guitar K-Mart of all places), looked just like yours, and it was the most amazing one I've ever played.

3.jpg

Either way, my '92 Soloist MIJ is a lifer. Love the big, beautiful MOP Jackson logo on the headstock and MOP sharkfins. Sharkfins were the #1 status symbol of choice when I was a kid, and 2nd place went to Ibanez Universe disappearing Pyramid inlays.

It's been through a couple of evolutions, but currently has a Black Winter bridge and two Duncan Parallel Axis Stacks + EMG SPC midboost + super fat titanium Floyd block. I'll probably add an EMG EXG (active Expander) this year also. Since I don't have a Rhoads yet, this is my guitar for Rhoads material when a trem is needed.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Edit- I misunderstood the thread and posted a charvel, not a Jackson. I'll post my Jacksons sometime soon.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drool1419

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got this in over the weekend! First Jackson, first V in general. Was listed Brand New for a steal on Reverb so jumped on it, and glad I did. Plays great, sounds good enough for my 5" speaker. Will probably eventually upgrade the Floyd on it, but other than that no complaints!

Attachments

• 20240323_153814.jpg
    20240323_153814.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

Chri

-________-
Reaction score

Estilo

Reaction score
Just removed the EMGs and cleaned up the gunked and tarnished sterling silver inlays on my SL2H. These inlays were hard to polish. Now they look nice and shiny with the SS frets!

Feels brand spankin new.

View attachment 141940
Did that SL2H come with ss frets? I got an RR3 and now am wondering what to do with the compound radius when it needs a refret.

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
Was thinking about waiting til it's done, but this thing is sizzling so here's a peek at some work I'm having done on my Model 4 I picked up a while back :D
Prospectively going to delete the top knob and keep the middle volume, bottom split-coil and the 2-ways will stay on/offs. I was in a fortunate position to stumble upon these.
It's a PA Dyad w/ the matching STK-1s (I think) were loaded into BE's customshop Kelly. So I kinda jumped at the opportunity to load these up into my Model 4 and give it a little more life than the stock 80s Jackson Active stuff.
Currently I've only got the Bucker rigged to the volume, so I don't have access to tone/ or my mid/neck, but it's a WIP. The bridge is smoking hot at 18.8k measured before loading. I've got it set up with North coil (A8) towards the neck, so it's set up for C standard atm.
Been running through some different riffage of the tuning, and it's sounding awesome. My standard setup is a slightly altered Bea patch for the QC (6505 w/ Mesa + Marshall cabs and s57 IRs) and it's producing some really great growls and the harmonics are rich too!
Very excited to have it all wired up soon!
20240412_193656.jpg

Estilo

Reaction score
My humble RR3 that I just got. Was told it's likely a 2006 from the Chushin run given the finish.

Been wanting 2000s MIJ Jackson to replace my old DK2M which I traded for an RGA121 which I hated. Add to that the DK was what I brought with me when I left Melbourne for good. So this RR has a different shape and fretboard but the body, pickups, bridge and origin are the same.

Screenshot_20240415_131636_Gallery.jpg

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
So midway through, we kinda got talking and decided to "switch" things up a bit!
The on/offs are all still the same, the volume was moved down to the middle pot, we put replaced the upper pot with a killswitch, and the bottom pot was replaced with a 3 way for Parallel/Split/Series
The ability to blend the neck with split bridge is pretty cool with 65 Reverb patches through my QC - and I've found that Series sounds mega thick for my 6505 patches. I'm quite pleased.
The only last steps until endgame will be replacing the current killswitch w/ a Tesi unit. And upon needing a restring, I plan to replace the inserts w/ FU-Tone gold and throw some Schaller lockers in there.
I think it'll look and work pretty slick!
1713483606629.jpeg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Was thinking about waiting til it's done, but this thing is sizzling so here's a peek at some work I'm having done on my Model 4 I picked up a while back :D
Prospectively going to delete the top knob and keep the middle volume, bottom split-coil and the 2-ways will stay on/offs. I was in a fortunate position to stumble upon these.
It's a PA Dyad w/ the matching STK-1s (I think) were loaded into BE's customshop Kelly. So I kinda jumped at the opportunity to load these up into my Model 4 and give it a little more life than the stock 80s Jackson Active stuff.
Currently I've only got the Bucker rigged to the volume, so I don't have access to tone/ or my mid/neck, but it's a WIP. The bridge is smoking hot at 18.8k measured before loading. I've got it set up with North coil (A8) towards the neck, so it's set up for C standard atm.
Been running through some different riffage of the tuning, and it's sounding awesome. My standard setup is a slightly altered Bea patch for the QC (6505 w/ Mesa + Marshall cabs and s57 IRs) and it's producing some really great growls and the harmonics are rich too!
Very excited to have it all wired up soon!
View attachment 142115
That looks great. One of the few with an actual locking nut instead of a normal nut with a clamp.

Latest posts