Jackson experts needed...

• Thread starter psycle_1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

psycle_1

Reaction score
Guys, I need to know if this Jackson Soloist is a fake or not. JCFonline is down, otherwise I would ask there. Dealer says there is no serial number on the guitar (spot past the 24th fret is blank), ebony fretboard, and the dealer calls it a "Shawn Zimmer Signature".

Pics:
http://1drv.ms/1CD8fTW

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems very shady to me. ALL Jackson neck through guitars have a serial engraved in the fretboard. Also, I have never heard of Shawn Zimmer (neither has Google).

I'd steer clear if it were me.

Just out of curiosity, what is the dealer charging for this "Shawn Zimmer Signature"?

Zado

Reaction score
Maybe he's Hans Zimmer's son converted to metal :shrug: doesn't look really legit though

psycle_1

Reaction score
huh? the guitar for sale has a blade switch like the slx.

LOL, sorry, you're right. What about it "supposedly" having an ebony fretboard? Is the dealer just an idiot? I can't see the guitar in person unfortunately, otherwise I'd be able to tell for myself.

sehnomatic

Reaction score
v1Ufq29.jpg

It looks like a new generation jackson SLX: massive headstock logo, headstock shape, and trem cavity cutouts. There's also a space in between the neck pickup ring and the fretboard, implicating that it's one of the new ones.

This model is now being made in indonesia whereas the older ones were made in china. There have been a lot of complaints about these new ones, supposedly the chinese ones are superior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZxfcP9UfY

Old model pictures

psycle_1

Reaction score
dealer is dumb. lol threadstarter should show him the slx specs and bring him down to earth.

Thanks for the low down sir. I was looking for something with an ebony board and something other than a basswood body. Obviously this isn't the guitar I'm looking for.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, this is an X Series. Price is high for that.