Jazzmaster/Jaguar Styled Custom Guitars?

• Thread starter bmth4111
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmth4111

Reaction score
I'm looking for a custom guitar brand/luthier that makes seven string fender jaguar Styled guitars.

So far I've found aviator, esp and lootnick. Lootnick seems to look more true to the original jaguar but I haven't heard much about their quality.
Aviator guitars seem to have a more modern look and pretty good quality.
Esp customs from what I heard are super high quality but cost an arm and a leg.
What are some others?

My goal is a classic looking guitar with modern playability/specs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Balaguer or does dunable offer something?

bmth4111

Reaction score
Yeah I completely forgot to list balaguer and hapas. I should have been more specific about that I want a Floyd rose or a hipshot trem(less ideal), which appears to rule out hapas.

dunable Would be pretty sweet, but it seems like they don't make seven strings anymore and I'm not sure they offer floyds.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Yeah I completely forgot to list balaguer and hapas. I should have been more specific about that I want a Floyd rose or a hipshot trem(less ideal), which appears to rule out hapas.

dunable Would be pretty sweet, but it seems like they don't make seven strings anymore and I'm not sure they offer floyds.

Schecter Japan makes a seven string Jaguar style guitar. Fixed bridge though. It could be modified.

https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop343/DS03583335/

You probably want to look for a custom shop that is truly custom (i.e. willing to build anything). Your specs are very specific and many 'custom shops' won't take on your build.

Off the top of my head, Sago in Japan can do it but I don't know if they take work from outside of Japan and they will be almost as expensive as the ESP custom shop. There is a small chance that Saito in Japan will do it. Saito already makes a six string offset with a trem (I have one). They also make seven string guitars and will deal with international orders.

I'm sure guys like Tom Waghorn will do it but you will have to wait a long time to get your guitar. Try asking Dean Gordon. He might be up for the challenge. Or Chris Forshage. He commented years ago that he would build a seven string Jazzmaster when someone else asked a similar question.

What is your budget like? Some of the people who can do it are going to be very expensive.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
^
That ESP is freakin nice! Just modify it with w Floyd and locking nut and you're golden. Paint it how you want or whatever else it needs, even a new fretboard or whatever. It would still cost twice as less than a full custom from ESP. This is thing is like $1200 new. Dang, I'm having serious thought about this thing.

ofu

Reaction score
Lately been drooling over aluminum guitars and since I'll most likely will never be able to afford an EGC, spotted Drewman Guitars - UK manufacturer with rather clean designs. I dig their JM builds quite a lot.

https://reverb.com/item/25931634-drewman-guitars-dj-offset-2019-anodised

I've been considering a JM in my life for quite the time, so I can propose some other builders like Baguley /acrylic bodied/, Kauer, Saito, Bacchus etc. I also really dig the Aviator take of the shape.

bmth4111

Reaction score
My budget is around 3300.

I have also considered a warmoth build but I would still have to get a luthier to cut the headstock and assemble the guitar.

I'm surprised there's not really Many sevenstring Jaguars out there.

oracles

Reaction score

Dunable would do it, but it'll be around the top end of your budget. Send Sasha an email and get a quote, you might be surprised

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Lately been drooling over aluminum guitars and since I'll most likely will never be able to afford an EGC, spotted Drewman Guitars - UK manufacturer with rather clean designs. I dig their JM builds quite a lot.

https://reverb.com/item/25931634-drewman-guitars-dj-offset-2019-anodised

I've been considering a JM in my life for quite the time, so I can propose some other builders like Baguley /acrylic bodied/, Kauer, Saito, Bacchus etc. I also really dig the Aviator take of the shape.

Keep an eye on robot graves.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
I'm looking for a custom guitar brand/luthier that makes seven string fender jaguar Styled guitars.

So far I've found aviator, esp and lootnick. Lootnick seems to look more true to the original jaguar but I haven't heard much about their quality.
Aviator guitars seem to have a more modern look and pretty good quality.
Esp customs from what I heard are super high quality but cost an arm and a leg.
What are some others?

My goal is a classic looking guitar with modern playability/specs.
I pm'd Dunable with a 7 string special request, and they said no problem.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I should have been more specific about that I want a Floyd rose or a hipshot trem(less ideal), which appears to rule out hapas.

Obviously I don't know if you've contacted them or not, but I spoke to Hapas last year regarding retrofitting an Evertune on one of their stock guitars, and they said "no problem". Cant see why they'd exclude a Floyd, unless the length of the trem block is an issue on their Judge - is it a thin body?