Jeff Loomis leaves Arch Enemy

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Steve Smyth is in Forbidden, they've got a new album coming soon. Chris Broderick or Pat O'Brien could work out real well working with Jeff again.
Politics of Ecstasy II baby. In fact, I'm beginning to think I'm more indifferent toward Loomis or Nevermore and that I just like Pat O'Brien's playing on PoE

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Politics of Ecstasy II baby. In fact, I'm beginning to think I'm more indifferent toward Loomis or Nevermore and that I just like Pat O'Brien's playing on PoE
Umm... didn't Loomis write all the songs except one song, which was co-written with Pat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
And wasn’t Alissa also working on a solo album that she said Jeff wrote a ton of stuff for?
First time I hear about that. Having both Jeff and Alyssa doing what they do best would be a blast. The Agonist had really cool stuff.

It was infuriating to see them wasting their talent on Arch Enemy. At least Loomis got out. Here's a peek of Alyssa doing her thing:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
First time I hear about that. Having both Jeff and Alyssa doing what they do best would be a blast. The Agonist had really cool stuff.

It was infuriating to see them wasting their talent on Arch Enemy. At least Loomis got out. Here's a peek of Alyssa doing her thing:

1:20-1:48 sounds like Norther/Tracedawn :wub3:

Give me an album of that with Jeff please

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
He played on Politics. Not sure if he did any leads, though. He has writing credit on The Seven Tongues of God, as well as The Learning.

Right. Not saying him playing there isn't true, but would like some source to confirm this?

I was always in the belief that Jeff recorded all the guitar on PoE.

Toejam

Reaction score
Right. Not saying him playing there isn't true, but would like some source to confirm this?

I was always in the belief that Jeff recorded all the guitar on PoE.
No idea. I guess someone would have to track Jeff down on Facebook or somewhere and ask him. For a long time, I didn't even remember Pat being on Politics, had to go dig out my CD and look in the booklet. I remembered him on the In Memory EP, but not Politics. :lol:

gunch

Reaction score
You mean Pat played on that record?
You sound like you know more than me dude I'm just going by what I read on Wikipedia because I liked the rhythm playing and wanted to see.

gunch

Reaction score
Budda inspired me to check out pre-Wages of Sin Arch Enemy and I'm on Black Earth and it's kind of rippy and I'm liking the instrumentation but the vocals kind of suck :ugh: It's got low cheese and high aggression like Slaughter of the Soul

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Budda inspired me to check out pre-Wages of Sin Arch Enemy and I'm on Black Earth and it's kind of rippy and I'm liking the instrumentation but the vocals kind of suck :ugh: It's got low cheese and high aggression like Slaughter of the Soul
First album is rough vocally but he gets better with the next two. And tbh I really love the sludgier production of the first 3 albums. Everything after Angela joins becomes super duper polished

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
First album is rough vocally but he gets better with the next two. And tbh I really love the sludgier production of the first 3 albums. Everything after Angela joins becomes super duper polished

Yeah, Black Earth is good musically, but just OK on the vocals, then on Stigmata/Burning Bridges is where they figured it all out; I'd say Wages Still has some grit on it, it's definitely not overly clean, but also not like an obviously 90s sounding, Tampa area DM level either (which it shouldn't). I think Anthems was the first one where I could really hear everything crisply, like the intro to "Dead Eyes..." or "Despicable Heroes."

Dan

Reaction score
YOU WERE ALL WRONG, and we've definitely entered some form of parallel universe....

Graham Bonnet, yes, that Graham Bonnet... is working with Jeff and Van on an album. What I would give to hear him sing Psalm of Lydia :lol:

Toejam

Reaction score
YOU WERE ALL WRONG, and we've definitely entered some form of parallel universe....

Graham Bonnet, yes, that Graham Bonnet... is working with Jeff and Van on an album. What I would give to hear him sing Psalm of Lydia :lol:
Yes, but more precisely, Graham Bonnet's Alcatrazz that had Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai. :hbang::metal::shred:

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score

Yeah, this was announced like three years ago and I still don’t think we’ve seen or heard any music from this group yet. By the way, here’s the article (2017!) that said Jeff was writing for Alissa‘s solo album.

And I know Teemu is a heck of a player but hasn’t been officially announced as Kiko’s replacement so what are the chances Jeff ends up in Megadeth?

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Has anything even happened with Alissas solo album? I remember being excited for that with Jeff writing for it, but I haven't heard anything about it since then

Zado

Reaction score

Jeff's paying for his night games.