John Petrucci and the Music Man Majesty

• Thread starter Black Mamba
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

Reaction score
Originally I did not like the top horn at all. I've come around on it. The ergonomics of the guitar and the tone woods make me want to try one.

lettmusic

Reaction score
the original JP6 and JP7 are the shit for me. The designs were really something that they put in a lot of research .The forearm scoop on those are ingenious. You don't realized how great it is but after a 3-hour set on a gig, you'll really appreciate it!
The Majesty design is just plain weird. Reminds me of something ESP custom shop would do for their over the top Japanese artists.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
That wiring job looks like the spaghetti noodle farm of Satan. I hope their techs are paid well, otherwise that's just a crime to do to them.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I definitely think it looks better "in the wild" in that video, and the black looks waaaaay better than the other colors, for once. The body shape I'm alright with (agree re: Horizon III), but I really don't think the headstock blends very well. That and the shovel's a bit silly.

The controls and such are pretty cool though.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I won't like, I actually really like the looks of the red one, now.

But only as a 7 string, this guitar doesn't work as a 6, in my opinion.

But I agree that it looks much better being played than just being displayed. I want to at least try one out.

If the opportunity to buy one for a decent price came up, I can't say I'd say no :shrug:

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Kinda sorta like. Except for the "hey is that carbon fiver? nope its just made to look that way". That's just silly. My guess is that'll be gone in next year's run of these. It will also have a flame top before you know it. But still, nice to see him try something different after 15 years of all his guitars being essentially the same body shape.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I don't care for the guitar, but what was the song in the intro? I'm a DT noob aside from their last 2 albums and a couple songs of systematic chaos

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Got my Majesty 7 today

Arctic Dream

Best guitar I've ever played <3

What's the best way to get someone to stop playing an Ernie Ball Guitar?

Give him another one :p

BetterOffShred

Reaction score
"I wanted it to play like a horse that looks like a car."

This..

Yeah I dunno, I think it's pretty horrible looking to be honest. I mean Petrucci shreds hard and all, and I'm sure it's a sexbeast of an axe, but I don't really care for the look. The little shovel cutout thing also seems excessive to me, like Ernie ball got a laser etcher and were like "Yo John check out what we can stuff on top of your guitar". Overall the man is an awesome guitar player and whatever he plays will sound amazing.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I was just thinking, JP is basically the size of a fullgrown grizzly now so maybe that guitar will look huge on normal sized people and looks fine strapped onto bears? (This is sarcasm but it's true JP is pretty big and the body seems pretty large)

Svava is the thing heavy? Mahogany neck and what looks like a large body might kill some peoples backs.

edit: I will say the guitar looks like it would be comfortable in a classical stance which is what I use.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the way this thing looks, but that is just me. It's all a matter of taste.
I just hope they will never discontinue the standard JP7 series!

Splenetic

Reaction score
I really like it. A lot. Not a huge fan of his previous sig model (looks wise....i bet it plays like a dream) but this one really hits the spot for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.