Kahler 2300 for Warmoth Baritone?

• Thread starter _itsballs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_itsballs

My back f**kin' hurts, bro
Reaction score
I’ve got a lead on a nice Warmoth body that has a Kahler 2300.
I’m not a trem guy, so I would keep it blocked if I bought this.
I’d have a Warmoth baritone conversion neck made for it, and I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience with trying to use extra heavy strings for a Kahler.
Would the saddle on a Kahler 2300 be able to handle a .090 gauge string without filing the saddle or making any mods?

Attachments

• IMG_6051.jpeg
    IMG_6051.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I'm unsure because I cannot find the drawings for the saddles and I have no personal experience with the bridge but considering that they sell separately extra wide saddles and string hooks I guess they might not work for something as big as a 90 but that also mean that you can buy separately an appropriate saddle and hook without waisting the bridge. I would give it a try, worst case you have to buy the saddle and hook or just the saddle.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you got the body w/Kahler I'd look into tapered strings to see if that works. Otherwise you might want to skip buying this body.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Also something worth considering with Warmoth Baritones, they dont all offer a locking nut option. To be honest, im not sure if thats a fixed bridge, or tremolo Kahler model. So that might not matter to you.

Theres honestly a few need to know things when it comes to Warmoth necks. Not sure if you've ever ordered one or not.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I had to have the ball saddles widened on my 9 strings to fit my 80 and 100+ strings even with tapered ball ends (at least for the 9th string).

_itsballs

My back f**kin' hurts, bro
Reaction score
Gotcha, I did look into that and saw that needed to be done. I decided not to go with the Kahler, and found out that the space between the saddles on a Hipshot bridge are all .130, so I'm going with that!