Karnivool thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I'm sort of disappointed by the new song. It's a solid song really, but I get a strong Themata feeling of this. Just in this day and age, that stuff is no longer cutting edge. I think alternative metal has grown way beyond the 00's sound and I for one am not welcoming of a return of that age.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's been a while since I tried Asymmetry but I also couldn't get into it. Like it's really intentionally weird for the sake of weird.

The new song is stylistically similar to the previous albums which I prefer but agree it's nothing groundbreaking. It's a shame they've been on the prog rock/metal schedule (cough Tool cough) for album releases. Also a shame because Karnivool is far more melodically and texturally interesting with their songwriting in my opinion.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I really dig the new track. Listened to it a dozen times already. Karnivool doing Karnivool things. I'm really stoked for a new album from them. I've loved every one so far, even if not instantly.

stevehollx

Reaction score
Song didn’t pull me in fully, but has the Karnivool signature and production on it. Good vocal melodies.

Bird of Tokyo stuff was so good, that I feel like songwriting and vision in it should still hold up. I hope we hear more synth influence in the new stuff to bring it a bit more modern.

Is an album really a 2023 thing? Why tease a single after this long of a wait if that wasn’t coming in a few months?