Kiesel Plugin (Not Amps)

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Years ago, when Kiesel was still advertising on SSO, someone who had a particularly bad experience with Kiesel made a thread about his saga, and brought receipts. After the thread and discussion surrounding the issue was allowed to stand, Jeff, with the characteristic grace that he's so widely known for, responded by announcing on their forum that Kiesel was pulling their advertising on SSO.
God I forgot about the sponsorship part. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I always like to think about the process companies go through when naming things. Like, i wonder if they think "How about TurboRig, or SuperRig? Does it need to be one step above that? ... HyperRig maybe?"
My son is 5 and loves Power Rangers. Pretty sure they got their naming from them. Super Mega Cosmic Storm Ranger! :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm reminded of the constant oneupmanship of sports car marketing.

"'Sports car' isn't good enough for this game-changing car. This is a Super car."

"Super car? Must be for plebs. This is a HYPER car."

"Hyper car? What are you, a farmer? You need a MEGA car" (yes, it's a term that's been thrown around)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I dont think it sounds bad or anything, but lol at the playstation 2 level rendering quality. Like FFS, doesn't take a lot to get high quality renders these days.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Cool. I think Jeff bought the rights to DAR Amplification and made some profiles with a ToneX.
I was kind of thinking about this the other day. We're probably going to see a lot of stuff soon that is just a fancy window for some NAM profiles without telling anyone.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm reminded of the constant oneupmanship of sports car marketing.

"'Sports car' isn't good enough for this game-changing car. This is a Super car."

"Super car? Must be for plebs. This is a HYPER car."

"Hyper car? What are you, a farmer? You need a MEGA car" (yes, it's a term that's been thrown around)

First time I heard CvK utter the term "mega car" is when I realized that YouTube had ruined the automotive world :lol:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Brand specific FB groups (hell not even brand specific ones at times either) are pretty much cults. Main reason I quit dealing with them

Don't get me started on the Intellivision Amico
Oh, for sure. That's the reason I DO stick around. The entertainment is always enjoyable :lol:

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember when Rob Chapman were king of all guitars.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Years ago, when Kiesel was still advertising on SSO, someone who had a particularly bad experience with Kiesel made a thread about his saga, and brought receipts. After the thread and discussion surrounding the issue was allowed to stand, Jeff, with the characteristic grace that he's so widely known for, responded by announcing on their forum that Kiesel was pulling their advertising on SSO.
8rbsup.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
Aaahhh there ya go, thanks for the correction! I knew they just somehow split the circuit into two parts: the part that makes the amp what it is, (i.e. the modules) and the "supporting" circuitry for the housings. I thought they'd given all the tubes to the housings, which I had found strange given that different preamps will have different kinds of tubes.
Yeah, the Synergy docks have the first tube gain stage, and then the modules each have 2 tubes, so there are a total of 5 tube gain stages available. Each module can use them to replicate the circuit of the original amps.

Shask

Reaction score
I didn't jive with the Carvin amps, but plenty of other folks could make them sound fantastic. Could say the same for most of the K pickups as well currently. If it's a plugin I won't care at all, I'm drowning in plugins I already don't use. Plugin and hardware bundle would be compelling, like that Synergy or whatever (please correct me and feel free to be rude) company has been doing. At least then I'd have something to show for it without my laptop being around- right?
Synergy are basically all tube preamps where you can personalize them by using different modules. No digital, no modeling, no plugins.