Kiesel Plugin (Not Amps)

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Glennderson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m glad other people see no reason for this to exist as well. Is there really that many players firing up a whole computer/interface and monitors every time they play? Do they bring the whole mess when they want to play somewhere else? The knobs on Facebook are acting like this is an industry changing product, and I can’t understand why anyone would buy this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m glad other people see no reason for this to exist as well. Is there really that many players firing up a whole computer/interface and monitors every time they play? Do they bring the whole mess when they want to play somewhere else? The knobs on Facebook are acting like this is an industry changing product, and I can’t understand why anyone would buy this.
Comp/interface/monitors likely already on :2c:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Uummm yeah. My laptop takes the same amount of time to boot up than it does for me to grab a guitar, put on a strap, and plug a cable in. When the time comes that I need to play somewhere else, I'll get something other than a plugin. It's not like plugins are unusable :lol:

That said, I still don't see the point in this plugin :lol:

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but I play 100% of the time in front of my laptop in headphones. Works for me.

Shask

Reaction score
Definitely use what inspires you, I think that's super important. On other parts of the internet, there are often discussions about soft synths vs actual hardware and the feel/creative flow of them being just as important as the sonic qualities.
Yeah, my actual synths I have are more fun than softsynths, I just care less since it isn't my main instrument.

Some things are WAY simpler, like using samplers though. That is one place where the hardware makes sense to leave in the past.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The majority of people don't even own computers these days. They use thier phones for everything.
Well that's not really what we are talking about about, we were talking about the ease of turning on a PC and plugin versus plugging in into a real amp, and the argument was that someone will need to "fire up their computer and monitors" every time they want to use a plug in. My argument is that no one actually shuts their stuff off anyways, so a non issue.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
My computer boots as fast as my Helix and then I’m right there ready to record something if inspiration strikes. Most people I know practice/noodle in front of the computer for that reason.

Shask

Reaction score
Well that's not really what we are talking about about, we were talking about the ease of turning on a PC and plugin versus plugging in into a real amp, and the argument was that someone will need to "fire up their computer and monitors" every time they want to use a plug in. My argument is that no one actually shuts their stuff off anyways, so a non issue.
I always turn off my computers when I am not using them :scratch:

Shask

Reaction score
yeah I'm gonna need some facts to back that one up chief
Talk to people. Most people I know who only use the internet is for social media, or shopping on Amazon. Gamers and people who work at home are not the norm. I know tons of people who no longer have computers.

How many people have you tried to help with thier resume, or online school work, and they try to do it with thier phone? I have seen this a ton.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The majority of people don't even own computers these days. They use thier phones for everything.

I mean, those can both be true. Most people can not have desktops or even laptops, though I agree that I don't think that's the case off hand, and those who do own computers probably just leave them on, I know they are in my house and I go months without touching anything with a keyboard.

Obviously tons of folks use plug-ins for guitar, why else would everyone be bringing them to market?

It just seems weird to get on folks for using them. Plenty of folks have small children, live in dorms or apartments, or just plain prefer a particular playing experience.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
If they finished high school, they wouldn't be talking about tone woods on youtube in the first place.
Ah yes, the indisputable pillars of science. Preconceptions and presumptions of a state backed up by unquantified fancies in condition of some description. What pedantic foolery we have diverted with such a logical scheme- though not all of them, mind you. To this day some folks still think the Earth is round.

I'll stop before getting into whether God approves of a thing because it is good, or if a thing is good because God approves of it. Wherever your rigid body meter on a matter lays it seems that you perpetually demonstrate the desire to seek disapproval within any polarized dynamic regardless. It is a form of pageantry for you. Some folks just don't care, but you do. I do not understand this. How many times have you made this tired joke with very minor variations? One would think that if they were as smart as they perceived themselves this would not happen.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ah yes, the indisputable pillars of science. Preconceptions and presumptions of a state backed up by unquantified fancies in condition of some description. What pedantic foolery we have diverted with such a logical scheme- though not all of them, mind you. To this day some folks still think the Earth is round.

I'll stop before getting into whether God approves of a thing because it is good, or if a thing is good because God approves of it. Wherever your rigid body meter on a matter lays it seems that you perpetually demonstrate the desire to seek disapproval within any polarized dynamic regardless. It is a form of pageantry for you. Some folks just don't care, but you do. I do not understand this. How many times have you made this tired joke with very minor variations? One would think that if they were as smart as they perceived themselves this would not happen.
Sir this is an Arby's

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easy money. They don't have to produce, manufacture, or distribute any products.

Again, that can be true, but if there's so much money available it seems like there's a fairly large audience that wants them.

I mean, they do have to make them, and they do have to distribute them, and typically market them, handle some sort of customer service, etc.

Shask

Reaction score
Again, that can be true, but if there's so much money available it seems like there's a fairly large audience that wants them.

I mean, they do have to make them, and they do have to distribute them, and typically market them, handle some sort of customer service, etc.
They have pretty much taken the market of where people used to buy those little 15w Amps. You rarely see those little MG15s and such these days. People who just mess around, but don't care much about tone or feel.

Yeah, I am not saying software companies don't have thier issues, I just think there are fewer issues than companies that manufacture and distribute hardware.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They have pretty much taken the market of where people used to buy those little 15w Amps. You rarely see those little MG15s and such these days. People who just mess around, but don't care much about tone or feel.

Yeah, I am not saying software companies don't have thier issues, I just think there are fewer issues than companies that manufacture and distribute hardware.

I think it's a different use case mostly. Silent practice is something a lot of folks find appealing, and for those who record or play over backing tracks it's very convenient. I definitely fall in the latter.

I mean, I bought a Suhr RL/IR so I could mess around with my real amps without shaking the house, have some digital gear, and *gasp* a couple plug-ins and they all inspire different things.

Latest posts