Kiesel Plugin (Not Amps)

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think probably what happened is that McRocklin, with his polychrome company and Kiesel endorsement, got to talking with Kiesel, and figured it could be a cool way to get his stuff to a larger audience. It’s a few bucks Kiesel can make on the side, as well. I doubt this was on the roadmap years ago. I’d do it if I were in either of their shoes, as it’s a pretty easy thing to fire up and sell, given what both companies already do. It would be foolish NOT to, because there’s not much cost or effort that needs to be done for this.
:agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think probably what happened is that McRocklin, with his polychrome company and Kiesel endorsement, got to talking with Kiesel, and figured it could be a cool way to get his stuff to a larger audience. It’s a few bucks Kiesel can make on the side, as well. I doubt this was on the roadmap years ago. I’d do it if I were in either of their shoes, as it’s a pretty easy thing to fire up and sell, given what both companies already do. It would be foolish NOT to, because there’s not much cost or effort that needs to be done for this.
Also, now anyone that buys a Kiesel is going to get lots of spam email to buy their plugins at a "discounted" price.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, now anyone that buys a Kiesel is going to get lots of spam email to buy their plugins at a "discounted" price.
I tried my 2010 Carvin's serial number for shits and giggles and itd id not work :( a couple people on Facebook claimed that their 2014 Carvin's number worked though. Guess if Jeff didn't work on it, it's a second class guitar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wait that McRockin dude owns Polychrome? Okay that makes sense now why they did this lol. This was basically like Rob Chapman giving his friends sig models with his company.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I tried my 2010 Carvin's serial number for shits and giggles and itd id not work :( a couple people on Facebook claimed that their 2014 Carvin's number worked though. Guess if Jeff didn't work on it, it's a second class guitar.
Lol, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as it's Jeff, but that seems randomly petty. Unless they don't have access to all of the older ones. Hopefully someone emails support to ask if older SNs qualify, just to know. (Won't be me, as I have no intention of buying this.)

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as it's Jeff, but that seems randomly petty. Unless they don't have access to all of the older ones. Hopefully someone emails support to ask if older SNs qualify, just to know. (Won't be me, as I have no intention of buying this.)
Yeah I have no intention of buying this anyway, so I have no willingness to push the experiment further :lol: they probably don't have much of a registry for older models? I think at one point in time you could register the serial numbers on their website, but I don't think I ever did? Not sure. I also always wanted to send mine as an entry to the Carvin museum, but I never knew how to do that :lol: they also had much nicer examples in there.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Apparently none of you guys know anyone in the huge segment of the population of older guys that just jam out on old blues riffs in their garage every week drinking beer with their buddies. I have known a TON of people like this, and they could give a rat's ass about using a computer.

I would bet there are more people in this population than others, because they have the disposable income, and a high percentage of younger people would rather make EDM music on their computers than play guitar.
Literally doesn’t matter if there are more or less or the same amount. There enough people embracing the technology with expendable income for people to continue to make plugins and sell them. The old dudes playing tired bullshit in garages and basements also aren’t documenting their every move on social media trying to get anyone’s attention by tagging guitar makers and plugin companies and string companies etc etc. It doesn’t matter if you and your friends don’t use computers or plugins, people do.

PF Chang

Reaction score
I was kind of thinking about this the other day. We're probably going to see a lot of stuff soon that is just a fancy window for some NAM profiles without telling anyone.
Just one more thing that is making me interested in preamp pedals again. No more menu diving.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's indisputable at this point that Jeff has overseen crimes against humanity. I don't know why you keep trying to make jokes about serious issues.

Jeff has the right to promote his company in the ways that are necessary for its continued survival is all I'm saying.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jeff has the right to promote his company in the ways that are necessary for its continued survival is all I'm saying.
I've been mostly setting the moral arguments aside, but pragmatically this is not a way for (Jeff) to run a (company). The international community will abandon (Kiesel) and this is what the (non-plugin) people wanted. In short, it was a trap (for Kiesel) and they fell for it.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I've been mostly setting the moral arguments aside, but pragmatically this is not a way for (Jeff) to run a (company). The international community will abandon (Kiesel) and this is what the (non-plugin) people wanted. In short, it was a trap (for Kiesel) and they fell for it.
you anti-kiesels have no idea what it's like for REAL people. Everyone makes plugin clones and ugly guitars so you should get out of your sheltered environment and experience the real world. I'm not usually a fan of kiesels but comments like this make me abandon my extremely loose morals just to be contrarian. Also my dick is really big (topical).

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Guys, I also support an immediate stop to all future Kiesel deliveries. I think they shipped too many guitars, and I have a lot of sympathy for the people who received them. But at the same time, from Kiesel's pov, they need to make a profit somehow, just like any other guitar company has historically done -- by selling guitars.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
you anti-kiesels have no idea what it's like for REAL people. Everyone makes plugin clones and ugly guitars so you should get out of your sheltered environment and experience the real world. I'm not usually a fan of kiesels but comments like this make me abandon my extremely loose morals just to be contrarian. Also my dick is really big (topical).
Concrete.

(Also, E-Town Concrete is doing reunion shows this year I think.)

tedtan

Reaction score
Is that you, @DrewH? :fawk:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Guys, I also support an immediate stop to all future Kiesel deliveries. I think they shipped too many guitars, and I have a lot of sympathy for the people who received them. But at the same time, from Kiesel's pov, they need to make a profit somehow, just like any other guitar company has historically done -- by selling guitars.
They don't need to make a profit. They have no right to profitability. Their history only dates back to the 1940s.