Kiesel goes EVH

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
img_9255-jpeg.321054

Now with D(rama)-Tuna.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I made a comment about how scummy this was on the Kiesel thread, and even got some pushback. But come on.... "Eruption Splatter" is a bit too far.

It's awful that Kiesel doesn't give two shits to profit off of Eddy's death. It's not illegal or anything, it's just gross.
It does seem like a low brow move.

The guitars also look like 80's Harmony strats with an EVH paint job. Lame.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Lawsuit-dodging paintjobs to match the lawsuit-dodging body/headstock shapes. Iconic.

For real though, these fall in a weird place. Most signature guitars have appealing specs or something unique/desirable and the worst part is a big logo or color that associates it to with the artist no matter who is playing it. Meanwhile these give you that instant EVH association, but without the pickups or whatever else people like about EVH guitars?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I made a comment about how scummy this was on the Kiesel thread, and even got some pushback. But come on.... "Eruption Splatter" is a bit too far.

It's awful that Kiesel doesn't give two shits to profit off of Eddy's death. It's not illegal or anything, it's just gross.

Keisel doing something scummy? Real shocker there...

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I have no horse in the race but it did make me come up with a neat little thought experiment:

Would SSO give PRS or Suhr a pass for doing something like this?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no horse in the race but it did make me come up with a neat little thought experiment:

Would SSO give PRS or Suhr a pass for doing something like this?

Nope. PRS would get one, but only if it was based on the protos they made Ed that he actually played for a while.