Kiesel goes EVH

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Let's pick a hill to die on with this shit at least. The way I see the wind blowing around here it seems to be:

American made splatter variations from a famous dead guy's meme guitar = bad.

Chinese communist industrial subsidy offset guitars undercutting American luthiers = good.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are these top-mount floyd’s? If so, that’s pretty on the nose. No doubt someone got a phone call soon after these were announced to the public.

I can only imagine Kiesel and Co balking at a legal phone call until a formal C&D letter shows up.

The ones on the ends look recessed, but the middle ones aren't (at least to my eye). Top-mount is what Eddie used. At least they got that right...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The ones on the ends look recessed, but the middle ones aren't (at least to my eye). Top-mount is what Eddie used. At least they got that right...
Pretty sure they're all recessed, the Photoshop touchups + low resolution just makes it hard to see.

Oh yeah you can also just Google the guitars themselves because this is semi-old news. They are recessed. just realized the actual post about this is dated June 17th. :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Let's pick a hill to die on with this shit at least. The way I see the wind blowing around here it seems to be:

American made splatter variations from a famous dead guy's meme guitar = bad.

Chinese communist industrial subsidy offset guitars undercutting American luthiers = good.
I'm not sure if you're serious (or what a communist industrial subsidy offset guitar is) but I think people do need to be consistent in where they draw the ethical line. I don't like Chinese knock off strandbergs any more than this Kiesel EVH. But, I also don't buy the straw man that "everything is a copy of a Strat" either.

Not to get all philosophical, but I think blatant copying is a cop out, and avoids the need to be innovative. It's a short cut to profit at the expense of actually contributing anything to advance whatever the product or service is. I no more like that in guitars than I do when Samsung took screen shots of the iPhone and told it's engineers to scrap what they were working on, and instead "copy this." To me, that's the artistic/intellectual/production/scientific equivalent of autotune. I know I sound holier than thou, but it's just how I feel about it.

On this particular subject, the EVH Kiesel, I am quite sure there is a way to do this right. I'm also quite sure Jeff Kiesel has no idea how to do that, because he simply doesn't care. It's just all hubris and profit for him. He's like the fast fashion of the guitar industry.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Price dumping. In this case specifically with products directly resultant of IP theft instead of in house innovation or development, which is not uncommon at fucking all in the East.

Thanks for explaining this is detail, because I only skimmed the posts and was left thinking...

Chinese communist industrial subsidy "offset guitars" undercutting American luthiers = good.

Jaguars, or Jazzmasters? :D